Ch. 21: Nobody's Gonna Know

*3rd pov*

The throne room stays deathly silent.

Everyone caught off guard.

The only thing filling the silence being the remaining whirring from the machine and a distant ticking sound.

"you're... Not the same-..." funny stutters out first.

Wicked looks at him, eyebrow raised.

"whatever do you mean?" wicked asks almost in a chipper tone.

Happiest the 'lord' had ever heard him.

Funny looks at wicked, unsure for a moment.

Then he forces himself to look back at the darkness' lord.

"back at that... That... Darkness Base. Where we rescued sabre." funny pauses looking at his friends.

"we saw someone similar... Grey hoodie and... Consumed by Darkness." funny continues, the others still seem confused.

"you called him lord too" he states that fact towards wicked, who nods with a smug look.

"but this one-" he points at the figure in the room, "you're different"

"W̵̘͇̖̾ḥ̷̝͗͝á̵͕͜ẗ̶̗̣̮́͌'̷̠̞̈́s̸̰̽̚̕͜ ̷̮̋s̴̱͛̉͊o̴̲̰̤̔̇͘ ̶̙̙̚ḍ̸̒̓͝i̶͂̽͋͜f̴̖̟̍͋ͅf̸͔̘̲̃̋̉e̵̛̝͖̽̅r̷͉̻̲̚e̵̮̒̑̇n̶̹̾͋͠ẗ̸̯͕̑̎ ̶̫̕a̵̡̛͚b̷̩̪̳̓͛o̶̜̼͈̒̈́u̷̢̎̈́ţ̴̰͛͜ ̸̡͖̜̊m̶̯̹͆̄̂ȇ̶͍̏͒?̷̗̓͗̈́ ̸̖̽H̶͍̬͠m̶̜̝͆͒?̷̙͎̣̔?̵̧̲̄" wickeds lord asks, his voice distorted and sounding like multiple voices layered on top of eachother.

It sent shivers down funnys spine.

"you're..." he pauses

"...short? ':/"

.

..

...

The room turns into a different kind of silence, right as the lords breath seems to hitch.

Orange blinked at the figure once, twice-

"hold on- yeah!" orange realises.

"you are shorter. Or at least.... You seem shorter than before- if you're the same person that is." orange comments as he takes a few steps closer with narrowed eyes.

There's a threatening, tense and intimidating aura eminating from the figure.

In thruth, the lord of darkness is seething over the fact they just called him short.

"Ả̷͓r̵̠͓̀̃ȇ̴͎ ̵̼͉̅̍y̵̼̑ơ̴̙ȗ̷̢̦ ̵͍̔͝c̴̭̉͝à̸͕̀l̵̜̅̽ͅl̷̲̓i̴̻̱͑̏n̸͍̫̍͘ǧ̸̱̂ ̶̪͊͆m̷̧͚̑è̶̞.̵͍̼̈.̵̝͔̉.̴͓̘͐̚ " the hooded figure pauses.

" S̷͚̰̻̟̺͈̼͉̻̟̪̩̲̈̐͊̽̇͗̇͆̈́̈̆͝ͅH̴̠̯͍͈͙̞͑̎̑̋̾̑Ơ̵̖̬̑͗̇́̒͑̅͑͑̇͠R̶̨̡̡̥̜̜̖̜̦͑̊̔͆͘͜T̴̛̝̠̊͊͊̔̃͊̆͗̔̉͆͋́͝ "

that last word seemed more corrupted than the rest.

"well-not in an insulting kind of way! But it's ju-" funny trys to backpaddle but orange seems to have a different idea.

"That's exactly what we're doing!!! Where'd those 4 inches go?! >:/" orange sasses at the hooded figure.

The lord feigns surprise and hurt.

">:0"

"W̵̼̯̑͜͠Ĩ̶͍̬́Ć̷̡͖̲̬̪K̷̮͉͕̓͗̄̈E̸͕̭͈͂̑̃̃͝D̷̪̹͊͑̅͜.̶͉̺̆̈́̕̕͝ ̵̡̪͐̋͆͋Ä̵̬̩́͝R̵̡̟̻̾́̊̂͘E̶̔̉͋̂ͅ ̵̧̙͎̮̄Y̸̧̯͉̱̺̽͑O̵̳͈̭͒͛̌̃̚Ự̸̤̝̼͗̇̑̓ ̶̡̝̩̌̇J̵̙͙͛̊͋̉͝Ư̴̢̛̟̪̱̝̄̕͘S̷͔̬̳̎͋̐͛̃T̵̼͓̹̮̤̆̓͠ ̵̝͕̼̱͔͛͒͒̄Ǵ̵̡͈͔͎̉Ò̴͙̉͐̉̏I̴̢̭̦̫̒͝Ņ̷̰̣̠̥̂G̴̼̃ ̴̡̭̳͎͚̃͋̈́̆̚T̵̯̮̜̐̈́͐Ó̵̲̺
̶̨̱̤̀̔͂̉͠L̵̜̥̥̬̉͒͘E̷͔̔̎̕T̷̪̩̃̃ ̷̧̠̖͙̈́T̴̩̻̹̪͊͗͛̕H̷̩̩̗͗͆͛E̸̻̗͘͝ͅM̵̡̦͔̭͕͌ ̵̢̜̘̳̯̀́̀S̶͖̠̘̲͆̋̉̌L̷͍̺͂̒̊̄A̶̙͋́̿̚NḐ̴̢̣̓̌͂̊E̵̢̨̜̪͌R̶̨͈͍͖̝̉͑͘ ̶̺̮̊̿͗͆̚M̴̧͛́̿E̶͍̬̹̤̥̔̀́͑ ̸̖̥̬͑L̷̙͒̍̃I̵̼̖̰̋K̴̖̳̬̈͐͠E̵̝̱̺̟͐̔̆̚
̴̘̭̲͓͔̍́̔͗͝T̴͔͗̇H̶͓̥͖̽̈́́̚͠IS?̸̨͈̰͎͔̃̽͒͘!̶̮̚͜"" The lord calls out angrily.