34: most metal concert in the history of the world

Mollie (pov)

It was now nightfall. And Steve dropped off Max, Lucas and Erica at the Creel's house. I've only seen it from the outside whenever I used to take the road when going to Eddie's place. It was much spookier now that I know part of the history of the place. I wouldn't wanna be in there longer than I need to.

We got the RV parked a half mile outside the trailer park just in case the owners were still there waiting for it to come back. We went over the plan one more time before we got out.

"Okay. I wanna run through it one more time. Phase one," Nancy said.

"We meet Erica at the playground. She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready," Robin said.

"Phase two."

"Max baits Vecna. He'll go after her which'll put her in his trance," Steve said.

"Phase three."

"Dustin, Eddie and I draw the bats away," I said.

"Four."

"Me, you and Steve head into Vecna's newly bat-free lair and... flambé," Robin said.

"Nobody moves to the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what. Got it?"

We all said yes.

As the group headed back to Eddie's trailer to get into the Upside Down, I couldn't help but feel like something was off about Eddie, like he's got the confidence to do this but I couldn't put my finger on what it was specifically. I just hope he can talk to me about it.

Once all of us were in, Steve was the first one to go through the gate and landed on his feet.

Were we supposed to be impressed? Robin had the same thought as me.

I was the next person to go through, landing on the mattress that Steve got from the bedroom. He grabbed my hand and got me before some of the supplies went through. Once I was standing, we shared the smallest moment. It was like he knew something I didn't. I so desperately wish I knew what it was but now wasn't the time to push it. We had to get all of this done.

After the supplies, it was Nancy to some through. Then Eddie, Robin and Dustin. We gathered our things and walked the other three outside to see them off to the Upside Down's version of the Creel house.

Steve hung back for a little bit to say, "Hey, guys, listen. If things here start to go south, I mean, at all, you abort. Okay? Draw the attention of the bats. Keep 'em busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of Vecna. Don't try to be cute or be a hero or something. Okay? You guys are just-"

"Decoy's. Don't worry, Steve, you can be the hero," I said.

"Absolutely. I mean, look at us. We are not heroes. Well, Mollie sure is," Eddie said.

Eddie called Steve back to talk to him separately. For what about? I wouldn't even know. I'll get it out of one of them in the future, I just know it.

After they left, Dustin, Eddie and I got to work on the trailer and started Demo-bat proofing it and setting up the speakers on the roof. Our part of the plan was gonna be the best goddamn thing ever.

"Not bad," Eddie said, taking in what we've done in the matter of half an hour.

"I'd say it's almost perfect," I said.

The three of us gave a look of satisfaction. We got this. We headed back in to get the most important piece of our puzzle, Eddie's guitar, if it's here. Thankfully it is.

"It's like she's destined for an alternate dimension. What do you say lady and gent? Are you ready for the most metal concert in the history of the world," Eddie said.