8// Not Always What It Seems

Cameron woke up with the time being a little after 11 PM. As expected, she was alone. It saddened her a bit but she would get over it.

Dragging herself up, she stripped out of her clothes, throwing them in her hamper. With her towel nicely wrapped around her, she went into her hallway, make her way to the bathroom.

She could hear the tv on and wondered what could be playing. She knew her tv shut off automatically after two hours of no activity. As she turned the corner, she saw Klay in her throw favorite blanket on the couch. He was still watching Living Single.

"I didn't think you would still be here."
"I didn't expect you to fall asleep on me." He retorted turning to her.

"Well, I told you I was tired." She felt her towel slipping and caught it.

"You need me to leave?" He noticed her in a towel.
"For what?"

"Seems like you're getting ready for something." He shrugged.

"It's 11 PM Klay, only thing I'm preparing for is work tomorrow."

"Hate to break it to you but, you don't have work tomorrow." He laughed. "Delia texted everyone saying that the only people that are going in the office are those who worked on Richardo's book, PR, HR and two of the other secretaries. She's staying home."

Cameron pursed her lips together, if she had nothing to do tomorrow, what on earth would she be doing?

"In that case, you want tacos? Because I'm hungry. I'm gonna take the food out and then shower."

Klay left his spot from the couch to meet her in the kitchen. "Or you can shower and I'll take the food out."

"But you don't know where anything is and I don't want you to cook it and you're the type to cook it while I'm in the shower."

Cameron had a point, Klay was certainly that person. He liked taking the load off of anyone who he thought needed it.

"I promise I won't cook the food without you."

She shook her head, "No, you're not cooking at all. You'll sit and eat what I serve you."

"I've done that before and might I say, it was great so I don't mind waiting again." He smirked.

She playfully pushed his shoulders as she walked past him to the bathroom. "Get the food out and stop watching me walk away Thompson."

He was indeed watching her walk away. After Cameron's relaxing shower, she changed into a 49ers sweatshirt and a pair of sweats. With fuzzy socks adorning her feet, she walked back into the kitchen seeing Klay read the labels on her seasonings.

"And what might you be doing?" She asked standing on her tippy toes to look over his shoulder.

"Seeing what you have in here. I got tired of waiting but I couldn't figure out what to use."

"Good, because you weren't supposed to be using anything." She smirked taking the container of Lawry's out of his hand.

He watched as she prepped the shrimp he took out. "How's Rocco? Tell him I miss him."

"You can tell him yourself when you stop by to see him."

Cameron hadn't plan to visit Klay's home any time soon. She honestly had thoughts to get rid of him. She had let him get too close and now she had a chemical reaction to him touching her. It was a lot and it was all at once. She wasn't sure if she could handle that.

"I'll think about it."

Klay could feel Cameron pull away every time they're together. The same way she would be pulled into him. He liked her so far, she was nice, spunky, driven and undeniably attractive.