10 // Time Will Tell

9 Months Later...

"Sooooo.." Delia started.

"No, nope, whatever it is, no."

It was a few days before Christmas and Delia was hosting a party. 9 months ago after the chaos with Cameron, she begged Jordan to cancel the get together at his house. He didn't care, he only made it a thing because Delia made it a thing, he didn't need a party. Just a few people chillen and playing games.

But months had passed and a lot changed for everyone. The Warriors went on to an early off season after not making the playoffs. It took a toll on everyone but after a hard summer of training, they were ready for anything.

They were having a good season thus far and they had a great streak. Delia wanted to invite Cameron to the game but she knew Cameron wouldn't attend. But she hoped that her party would be an ice breaker to mend it together again.

Klay's demeanor had reverted and he was back to his anti-social self. He didn't go out with them as much and he rarely responded to the group chat. All he did was practice and play.

"You don't even know what I'm going to ask!"

"What is it?" Cameron rubbed her temples. She had been working on a report for a book that would hopefully be released in two months.

"I'm having a Christmas party at my house, I want you to come. It's on Christmas, after the game actually."

"What game?" Cameron asked looking up at her coworker.

"Warriors play the Grizzlies on Christmas." Delia gave a hopeful smile.

"Umm, most likely not." She shrugged.

That was a better response than what Cameron had said in the past. She made good on her word, she separated herself and everyone respected it.

Klay would send her flowers and check in with her for the first two months but then he stopped and Cameron preferred it that way. In her mind, they didn't have anything to talk about anyways.

"Are we going to get Italian for lunch?" Cameron changed the subject.

"Absolutely, I cannot wait."

After lunch together Cameron returned to a stack of papers on her desk.

"What's this?" She asked out loud to no one in particular.

"Your christmas present from Miranda." Nathan had been walking by with more stacks for everyone. "Books on back order."

Cameron sighed as she looked through the stack of papers. She didn't want to do any of that, but she knew she had to.

After a normal work day, Cameron would be going home. It was the holiday season and she wished she had time off to spend with her family. They weren't interested in coming across the country to spend it with her and she couldn't get off in enough time to visit them. That's what saddened her the most. She had no one to be there for her. She didn't have friends either.

The last few months were hard for her because she had to regain her contentment for being alone. She was fine before a group of people called her friend.

"You could always come here for Christmas Cam! We would love to have you!" Michelle beamed as she carried her newborn around the kitchen.

Recently, Michelle reached out to Cameron and wanted to reconnect since they lived in the same area. Cameron had taken a few phone calls but they haven't met up in person. Since it was the holidays, she knew that Maurice would be making an appearance and she still had no desire to be in the same room as him.