23 // Star Studded

"Cameron in my office, now!" Miranda ordered as she blew past everyone on the floor.

"Fuck is her problem?" Delia turned her nose up. "Who knows, let me go see."

Cameron walked into the office of death, not knowing what to expect at all. Miranda was consistent but, unpredictable. Sitting down in the leather seat, she attempted to get comfortable.

"You wanted to see me?"

"Yes, that is literally what I just said." Cameron tilted her head to the side, not being in the mood. "I need you to be on a new assignment." Miranda began. "I need you to cover operations for awhile. I need to step away and my other employees are incompetent."

Cameron was shocked to say the least. What could this all mean? Operations? That wasn't hardly what she went to school for. "What would I need to do?"

"My job... Oversee all departments, spearhead meetings, I need you to make sure these next books are ready for production. I'll check in when I can. You'll have the control. I hope you do well, or it'll be a terrible waste of my time. You're dismissed."

Cameron continued to sit there, finally demanding respect. "No."

Miranda was shocked, confused and slightly intrigued by this response. "I will not blindly accept this position. I would like to discuss the tasks, my pay raise and my respect."

••••

"What do you think these next few games mean for the course of the season?" Cari Champion asks Klay during a post game interview.

The Warriors beat the Pelicans by 13 points. With Klay rearing in 34 of the points.

"I just think it's a time for us to re-shape and figure out what's best for our team. We're on a roll right now, completing games like we should. I think it's a special thing."

"Well you heard it here with the Warriors' Player of the Game."

When Klay wrapped up his interview, he knew he needed to change quickly. The movie premiere was in two hours and traffic back into the city would be a lot. He was lucky he brought his suit with him.

"Thank you for letting me get ready here. Even though you declined being my date."

Cameron waved him off, he wasn't really upset about it but she knew he was disappointed. "It's no problem, I'm gonna get ready in my room."

She wore a short silk robe and had her hair up and out of her face. "My linen closest is right outside of the bathroom if you need anything."

Klay entered the bathroom quickly stripping out of his clothes for a shower. He wouldn't be in there long but he needed to freshen up after the game. Cameron wanted to do a simple look today, she hadn't done a full face in awhile but she never could do the stuff like the pros.

"You okay in there?" Cameron yelled.  "Can you bring me a towel?" Klay asked, "I forgot it."

She rolled her eyes before placing her eyeshadow brush down. Picking up a fluffy purple towel, she opened the door to see him tapping his foot awhile he waited.

"Are you feeling a way? You could've gotten it yourself." She playfully dangled the cloth in front of him. Snatching it, he quickly began drying off.

"I was starting to enjoy the show." She pouted. "Cameron, don't start with me. Go away before we miss the premiere all together."