41 // The Past is the Present

Three Months Later....

"No comment." Cameron ended the call on another reporter. The last three months had been wild. The tour was going great and soon would be coming to an end.

Amaya was now apart of the New York Times Bestseller list. Which they have yet to properly celebrate. When they returned to San Francisco, Delia would be hosting a party in her honor. Also during the time away from the Golden State, Gabriene was exposed for her lies but that didn't stop the chaos.

Klay on the other hand, had been training hard to make sure he could be back on the court when the season started but there were rough patches. Some days being harder than others.

"Another reporter?" Amaya asked kicking her feet at the end of the hotel bed. "They're working my nerves too girl."

"Maurice opened a lot of shit with Gabriene's story and the one about the shelter, oh and of course the ongoing investigation at Chase about them damn date rape drugs. My phone has been going off for the last week."

Although Cameron was grateful things were working in a positive light, it was a lot to balance.

"Have you spoken to the white man with the Afro?" Amaya was invested in Cameron and Klay getting together and staying together.

"Not in awhile. We've been busy." She told half the truth. Although they were busy, she had time to call and return calls she missed.

"You not acting like you miss him enough for me!"

"I miss him. I do. Especially when I wanna be held at night or when I need to hear a joke that doesn't end in violence." Cameron gave the younger woman a look. Amaya always added a punch or a kick to her jokes about somebody. "Oh and honestly the bullet ain't working anymore, I want him bad."

"Ewww I did not need to know all of that. Now when we get back, you make sure you call him!"

"I'll call him before we leave here. Did you pack yet?" She asked changing the subject.

"Absolutely not, but I'm gonna do that after I eat this room service we got."

••••

"Damn man, that's how he moving?" Jordan's infamous confused face was plaster as he watched Klay walk off the court and into the locker room.

Tensions were high as the preseason opener gotten closer. Klay wasn't the player he once was and it bothered him to the core. All he knew was basketball. Who was he without it?

"Don't take it to the heart kid, he's going through it." Steph reminded the younger player. Throughout practice Klay had been giving Jordan and the younger players the cold shoulder. Mostly Jordan due to him being trained up to be number 2 while he was on injury.

"It's hard, that's bro and he's been acting shitty all summer."

"Y'all will get through it. Take a break, talk to your unit. Moody is gonna need your assistance and so will Donte."

Donte DiVicenzo was a free agent from Sacramento that was fresh off injury, looking for his own comeback. The Warriors were known for rehabbing players and making them hit commodities for other teams if they didn't resign at the end of the year.

"What's up with him?" Donte asked dribbling the ball under his legs.

"Shit, I could tell you a bunch of shit but I ain't putting his business out there." Jordan sighed. Klay ultimately changed the whole summer. He spent more time training and less doing things he enjoyed which affected him greatly.

"Well I will, he acting like an Unc." Moody started.
"When's pretty lady coming back? He wasn't an asshole when she was around." Jonathan added.

Donte, Ty and Jamychal had no idea what they were talking about, but they would find out eventually. Jordan spoke to Cameron often, he was always with Delia and she called her friend practically everyday.