25 // Age of Maturity

"You need to rest Cameron." The first two weeks of taking over Miranda's duties were not what she expected.

"I'm fine Klay."

"You're not, you're exhausted and that's why I asked you to come over here, to relax."

Cameron couldn't relax with a deadline. There was a book release for Infinity coming up and she was working around the clock to make sure the author had everything she needed. This would be the first book she would publish with her editing involved.

"AC will understand if you have a break, you told me she was a nice woman. You're worried about Miranda who's on a beach right now."

Miranda was "handling business", but she was on the beach the last time the media could track her. Klay was right though, she was overly worried about Miranda when, Miranda could care less.

"I need you to rest." Klay slowly took the laptop from her hands putting it on the table. "You need a nap, let's get you up."

When Cameron didn't move, Klay knew he had to put his foot down. "Now Cameron, you're getting up now."

She looked at him and looked at Rocco who looked between the two. Feeling like a child, she stopped her feet, "Fine."

"And lose the attitude." He warned as she walked away, the dog following close behind her. Walking into his closet, he took out a shirt for her to wear. "Get comfortable and I'll be right back."

Klay didn't care about the time, he called Delia. "Dede—wait, where are you?"

"Mind your business, what's up?"

"Don't be secretive, tell me where you are." He squinted trying to identify where she could be. "Klay, why are you calling?"

"It's about Cameron and this work load, she's driving herself crazy. Can you tell me what I don't know?" Klay wanted to find ways to help. "Oh, there's a list of shit Miranda has for her, but Cameron isn't a great delegator, she just has to do it herself. She has team members willing to help. I tried to tell her, she might listen to you."

"She might. Now answer my question. I know that's not your wall."

"Who you on the phone with?"

"JP?!" Delia rolled her eyes as Jordan jumped on his bed, getting into the camera. "Klay, what's good?"

"What are y'all doing, hmm?" Klay was in the mood to be nosey. "Shit, nothing. She actually about to leave. Klay tell her she need to stay, she don't listen."

"I have my own house, I need to get there." Klay looked at the time and it was a little after 9 PM. "It is late, roads are dark. It's not like you're going through city streets." He tried to reason, he didn't want Delia to be in the dark, Jordan just wanted her to stay.

"Klay, what are you doing?" Cameron stood in the archway of the living room. "Just talking to our friends, say hi?" Cameron stepped behind him wrapping her arms around his neck. "Hey guys, is he bothering y'all?"

"Yes!"

"Nah." Delia looked over at Jordan, "This is why I'm going home."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! We gotta go y'all, she tryna leave and I'm not having that, bye." Jordan ended the call.

"Now, come on, we need to go to lay down like you asked me to."

Klay followed behind Cameron, watching her walk. "Your legs look great babe."

"I'm sure they do from that angle, but remember, it's nap time. You insisted we nap." Cameron reminded. She didn't mind the fact that they were going to catch up on rest, she knew she needed it.