11// A Christmas Wish

Paws could be heard rapidly tapping through the halls as Klay carried in more than he should into his home. It was Christmas Eve and he just finished some last minute shopping for his friends and family.

"Hey Rocco, how are you buddy?" He asked giving the canine a rub on the head.

Of course Rocco couldn't respond but he knew that if he continued to cuddle into his dad, he would receive more loving rubs.

"Let's go wrap these presents."

After an hour of attempting to wrap. Klay had begun using gift bags, he completely refused to stress for no reason.

Delia was hosting a secret Santa and the worst part was, no one knew who they had based on name. The app that she used connected people based on context clues. You would find out who when you exchanged the gift.

Klay had searched four places for a working typewriter that looked vintage. It was hard but he figured it out. Who could have possibly wanted a typewriter was beyond him but he met his goal.

Alexa alerting him that a call was coming in though surprised him.

Thirty is calling...

"Steph, what's up?"

"Are you doing anything right now? Ishii is making some chicken parm and got the Christmas movies going for the kids. There's a gingerbread house that needs to be made with your name on it."

Klay couldn't say no to the gingerbread house. He finished wrapping and bagging his gifts. Finding one of Rocco's coats, he placed it on him and then chained his harness.

••••

"Thank you." Klay had accepted a mug of hot cocoa as he sat on the floor with Canon.

"Hey Klay Thompson, you wanna see something cool?"

"Sure kid, show me something cool"

Canon did a little spin causing Klay to chuckle. Kids were always going to grab your attention and then not wow you later. But they were cute.

"Hey Uncle Klay, I've got a question." He looked up seeing Ryan run over to him.

"What's up Ry?" She placed her arm on his shoulder, "it's a secret question!"

She leaned over and covered his ear with her other hand. "When are you bringing me an auntie?"

Klay was shocked by the question and he couldn't help but laugh because again, kids would say the darnedest things.

"Well I don't know Ryan. That's a good question. You've got plenty of aunts though, is that not enough?"

"Well, I asked Auntie Dede when she was bringing us an uncle and she said her Prince hasn't found her yet. You know, you guys act like twins. You're so much alike. What if your Princess and her Prince are right there, in front of you? Like the movies?"

"Ry, what are you over here doing?" Riley asked walking into the room with some cookies.

"Asking Uncle Klay when he's bringing us a new Aunt."

Klay laughed again, practically pleading for the oldest of the Curry kids to help.

"Good question Ry. When are you?"