12 // Gifts Are More than Presents

"This is intense, wow." Cameron was really into the game.

The Warriors had been playing their asses off and they were feeling it. Somehow the Grizzlies, one of the best teams in the "West" barely could keep up.

"Nah, what the fuck was that!" Delia jumped up as they ejected Jordan from the game. "There's no way."

Delia wanted to jump over the team to get to the refs but Cameron quickly grabbed her. "Just follow him into the tunnel. He's gonna need that support."

Delia pushed through the aisle to run along the court to the tunnel. Cameron sat down and looked at everyone as they wore annoyed expressions.

Cameron was glad the team won even though the ejection happened. It was a Merry Christmas in the bay after all. She collected her items and stood off to the side as everyone took photos with one another.

Taking out her phone to text Delia, Cameron didn't notice Klay standing in front of her. He wasn't looking at her, but around her. Hoping his family actually made the game.

"You okay?" She asked taking him out of his thoughts.

"Yeah—yeah I'm fine." She could tell he was lying.
"If I knew any better, I would say that you're lying."

Cameron looked around, trying to find what he was looking for, he could be looking for his family or a girlfriend, she had no idea about his life currently.

She walked past him, yelling after him. "See you around."

Klay hadn't registered that Cameron left his presence until Christina replaced her spot.

"Klay, did you hear her?"
"Huh?"

"Cameron I believe, she said see you around."

Turning around, he tried to locate her, hoping she was still on the court but he had missed her.

"Damn." He shook his head.

"She's not gone forever silly." Christina giggled, "Andre said hurry up if you're riding with us to Delia's."

"Right, let me get my bag from the locker room."

••••

"Are you sure this isn't too much?" Cameron asked Hazel as she looked into the mirror.

"You look great, don't overthink it."

Fixing her dress, Cameron followed Hazel out of the bathroom and into the main area everyone would be enjoying themselves

Cameron mixed and mingled, meeting new people but eventually becoming lost in the conversations.

Soon the door opened and in walked Andre, his wife, Christina and Klay. They all had presents that needed to go under the tree.

I should've known he would be here she said to herself.