Chapter 7

Monica P.O.V

I was jolted from such a big impact. Both Roxanne and I were thrown from place to place, hitting ourselves on the inside of the time machine violently.

"AH!" I could hear Roxanne's screams as we were tossed in the machine like a pair of socks in a washing machine.

I don't know how many times I hit myself but I could feel blood pouring down my nose from crashing all over the place.

Wherever the time machine landed, it hadn't done so smoothly.

We were thrown from side to side, bouncing like a pair of dolls. The machine groaned and shook all over as it tossed us around.

Finally, when the time machine seemed to come to a complete full stop was when we stopped crashing around.

I was out of breath from all the crashing I did and tried not to move on the floor at all. I tried to asses the damage in my body without really moving, though it was hard to tell what part of me was damaged.

My body hurt everywhere, my right shoulder took most of my hits though, and my nose wouldn't stop gushing blood, but other than that I think I survived the crash without too major wounds.

The whole machine was dark and I could barely see through the small glass hatch, but what I was able to see in the darkness was the smoke. Thick black smoke that threatened to choke us if we stayed inside.

I sat up carefully and winced when my back cracked, I pressed my sleeve to my nose trying to stop the blood flow and squinted in the dark.

"Roxanne?" I called out.

I could hear her small whimpers but I couldn't see her.

"Roxanne?" with very wobbly feet I managed to stand up. I cringed when I put weight on my right leg, it seemed like all of the right side of my body got most hurt.

"Man," I let out a deep painful breath "Roxanne?" I limped toward the sound of her cries.

I coughed and tried to hurry to her as the smoke thickened, "Hey, are you alright?" I coughed out.

It took a while but I found her form and quickly limped to her "Rox, are you okay?" I coughed again, the smoke was filling the machine fast!

I kneeled next to her and helped her sit up "Hey, you're okay, you're okay," I said helping her sit.

She was sobbing and even though we were in the darkness I could see she was hurt, she had her left arm bundled close to her chest "Did you brake it? Roxanne, did you brake your arm?" I asked worriedly.

"It hurts, it hurts" I was able to understand from her sobbing.

"Let me see, Roxanne, let me see your arm" I tried not to cough as I removed her other arm and looked at her injured one.

I let out a gasp and almost fainted at the sight! Her arm was literally broken you could see were the bone had snapped, right above her wrist, and her whole palm fell limply.

"Shit!" I felt my stomach clench painfully.

"It hurts Monica," she sobbed cradling her arm.

"I know it does, does anything else hurt?" I asked her trying to get her to stand, the smoke was spreading everywhere quickly and my throat already felt raspy and like it was clogging up.

I was worried the smoke would suffocate is in here!

"It hurts everywhere!" she sobbed too distracted by her pain, she stood up shakily and leaned on me, I barely managed against her weight but I was determined to get out of the machine before it cooked us!