Chapter 20

A:N/ Thank you so much for reading and sorry for any mistakes!

Monica P.O.V

Too late.

I knew it was already too late by the time I had woken up. One good look at the room and I could tell the sun was way up in the sky shining bright, meaning it was probably afternoon already.

I gasped and sat up immediately looking at the clock. 2:00 in the afternoon.

I gasped again and got out of bed so fast my head spun slightly, whoa! 2 in the afternoon?! Why hadn't someone woken me up?

I looked around me and realized dad wasn't in the room anymore, which slightly made me panic. Had he left without me? Was he in the hospital already? No, he couldn't have left without me! I'd murder him if he had!

I quickly sprinted out of my room down the stairs, "Dad!" I called out, no wait what, no! Idiot me, I smacked my palm on my head and thanked that the whole house was silent. If grandma had been here that would've been real troublesome trying to explain why I had just called out for my father.

"Alex? Joey? Is anyone home?" I called out searching for someone.

"I'm in here," dad replied walking out of the kitchen with a sandwich in hand, I screeched to a stop and sighed relieved that he hadn't left without me.

My relief quickly vanished though, "What are you doing? Why didn't you wake me up sooner?" I asked angrily.

He blinked at my tone "What?"

I didn't mean to sound so angry but I couldn't help it "You told me we would go back to the hospital early in the morning! It's already afternoon, why didn't you wake me up?" I demanded.

He rolled his eyes "Well excuse me sleeping beauty, I tried waking you up but you didn't even budge!" he informed.

I frowned "I don't believe you" I said, he had probably only whispered my name to wake me up or something.

He shrugged "Don't believe me, but ask Joey, we tried waking you up but you were sleeping like the dead" he said.

I frowned more at that, usually I was a very light sleeper, I didn't like the fact that I hadn't heard them trying to wake me up at all, on the other hand, I had one of the best night sleep I had in a while, and that's really saying something since Roxanne wasn't with me.

I didn't know if it was due to the fact that dad stayed until I fell asleep, or because I was exhausted. I liked to think it was because of the second reason.

"Where's Joey?" I asked.

"He left already," he replied.

I widened my eyes "He's already at the hospital?!" I nearly shrieked.

He nodded calmly "He couldn't wait for you to wake up, so he left" he said.

"Why didn't he wait for me?" I cried angrily "Now how will we get to the hospital?"

"Relax, we'll take my car," he shrugged "Why do you think I stayed?" he said.

I let out a deep slow breath "Can we go now?" I asked.

"Yeah sure but shouldn't you eat something first?" he asked back.

I shook my head, Roxanne was more important than food, and I really wanted to get to see her today "I'm not hungry, we should go" I responded.

He frowned a little "I think you should eat something first" he said.

"Well I think Roxanne is more important than food!" I shot back.