Chapter 19

Alex P.O.V

I kept my eyes on Monica and wondered when she was going to fall asleep.

I knew she couldn't do so, from the way she tossed and turn and sighed. I didn't speak up though, I didn't want her to start asking me questions.

I groaned as I thought about it, having to open up myself with her, why did I agree to do so again?

Right, because I always agree with people to shut them up.

I sighed and slouched more on the chair, this wasn't going to be quite easy for me, first of all, I didn't like opening up to people. I don't know why, the less people you open up yourself the less they can hurt you.

Not that a tiny girl like her could hurt me, but still, I found myself not wanting her to know things about me. My likes and dislikes, my hobbies, although if she was my daughter in the future then I guessed that she already knew a giant amount of things about me.

I stared at her as she turned around again, how could this thin small girl have affected my life in just mere days?

A couple of days ago my main worry was what I would be doing over the summer, and then she and her cousin appear in our lives and now my main worry is how we're going to stop a crazy inventor who in the future creates destructive monsters that almost end with the world?

How in the hell are four teenagers going to stop Hawking? That's what I'd like to know.

I passed a hand through my hair, this was going to be complicated, first we'd have to find this Hawking guy, second, we'd have to somehow convince him not to create vampires.

But it wasn't going to be easy, how were we going to tell him that he's responsible for millions of people's deaths in the future? He'd never believe us!

I felt my eyes dropping, this was going to be really hard, if we wanted Hawking to believe us and not think we were just a bunch of crazy kids then we'd have to somehow figure out a way to make our story credible.

None of this was credible though, two girls traveling back in the past? Give me a break, no one was going to believe us.

I yawned and flickered my eyes to Monica again, her eyes were open, she was staring up at the ceiling.

"Can't sleep?" I finally spoke up.

She didn't turn to look at me but still answered "No," she sighed.

"Try counting sheep" I suggested.

She shook her head "That won't work," she groaned and sat up pulling her legs to her chest "I'm sorry I made you stay up, you should go back to sleep" she said quietly.

"What about you?" I asked.

"I don't think I'll fall back asleep," she admitted "Thanks for staying but really there's no need anymore, I'm not going to sleep" she told me.

I frowned at that "Why not?" I asked.

She shrugged "I just can't" she said.

"Because you're afraid of having nightmares again?" I wondered.

"Well in part yes, but..." she trialed of.

"What?" I asked.

"I just...I need Roxanne here" she sighed.

I cocked my head to the side "You need her to sleep?" I repeated.

She nodded "Lame huh?" her cheeks turned red.