XXXI

I sighed as the door flung open, just to reveal a barrier, completely blocking the way,
"Shit...." Glenn mumbled,
"Come on, we can open it back here." I told Glenn, running back round to the row of windows at the side of the building. Glenn looked at me weirdly, following me closely,

"We don't know how many are even in there!" Heath informed us as we stood in front of the windows,
"Look around us Heath, do you see another way? We don't have time to frolic around searching for an easier way." Heath looked over at Glenn, in hope he would disagree with me, 

"She's right, we have to do this now. Are you ready?" I nodded, climbing on top of one of the tractors, taking an arrow and placing it in my bow, aiming at the window, waiting for the glass to break.

"No..." Heath muttered, "but since you're doing this anyway," He continued as Glenn took out his pistol, aiming it at the window, shooting it once, allowing the glass to shatter.

I waited to the walkers to come out before shooting, releasing the string before grabbing yet another arrow from my quiver on my shoulder, continuously hitting the walkers, slowing them down significantly.

"They're coming.." Heath said, panic in his voice. I aimed my bow at a walker which was getting just a little too close to Heath, shooting it in the head. He glanced up at me quickly before looking back at the walkers, firing his pistol at them.

A walker grabbed onto Heath but I couldn't help. Glenn was reloading so I was shooting at the walkers near him, making sure they didn't get close to him. Despite Glenn's instructions, Nicholas ran over, stabbing the walker who was grabbing Heath in the head, killing it.

I watched as a walker took a hold of Nicholas. I pulled the string, letting the arrow fly into it's head, making a satisfying sound as it flew through the air, hitting the walker in the head. Nicholas stood up, staring at me,
"You could've hit me!" He yelled, breathing heavily, 

"Yeah.. but I didn't" I said, hopping down from the tractor, retrieving my arrows, placing them back in my quiver before placing my bow over my shoulder.
"Let's just go." Glenn said, placing a hand on my shoulder, pushing me away into a run, running alongside me, the others just behind us.

---

We had been running for a little while, and a wave of relief hit me when we saw Rick, Michonne, Morgan and some other people I didn't know all too well. 
"It's working," Carter said as we watched the horde walking along the road, completely oblivious of us as we stood to the side,
"You were right." He held out his hand and Rick shook it before turning back to the rest of us.

"Everyone, we need to finish this. We have to keep moving and fan out down the herd, front to back." He looked around us before turning to Glenn,
"Glenn, you take the back. If it gets sloppy, we fire our weapons, pull them back on track." It sounded like a good enough plan, nothing can go really wrong anyway, right?

"I'll take front." Carter said, beginning to run in the direction of the front of the horde,
"Okay, come on," Glenn whispered, pulling me along with him as we began running through the trees, keeping down slightly so the walkers couldn't see us.

---

I was stood behind a tree, watching the walkers pass by. Glenn was a little further up from me, waiting for the back of the horde to pass by, he was still in eyeshot. I furrowed my brows as screaming began coming from further down, in the direction of Carter and Rick. 

I shot a look at Glenn, knowing we couldn't help.
"Fire your guns, lure them back on track." Rick told us, it was nice to know it wasn't Rick screaming. I took my pistol, shooting it a couple times, looking at the horde with a satisfied expression as they turned back, heading back onto the road.

"What was that screaming?" Tobin's voice rang out through Glenn's walkie.
"That was Carter. He got bit right in the face, I stopped him." I didn't really know Carter, so it didn't bother me, I had a feeling Tobin would be upset by that though. I glanced at my watch, we had an hour to get them to Daryl, Sasha and Abraham, it was doable.
"Come on," Glenn whispered, walking back towards the other two, pistol in hand. 

That's when I heard it.

My head snapped behind us as a horn blared out. I shot Glenn a worried as it continued, this would definitely drag the walkers away. It was coming from Alexandria, what was happening over there?

"What the hell is happening?" Heath asked, jogging over to me and Glenn, Nicholas just behind him.
"It's a horn or something.." Glenn pointed out before turning around,
"It's pulling the back half off the road."

Even though only half of the walkers were being pulled from the road, that was still hundreds, hell maybe even thousands.
"Shit.." I muttered, taking off towards Rick and Michonne while running deeper into the woods, the other three close behind me.

word count: 871
total word count: 29, 856