Chapter 19) Unite

It's Unity Day. Every year the members of the Ark celebrate the twelve space stations coming together. The delinquents stand around outside listening to Jaha over the video screen.

"My friends, this is a historic Unity Day. Every year, we mark the moment our ancestors of the twelve stations joined to form the Ark, but this is the last time we do so while aboard her. Next year, on the ground."

Miller crosses his arms. "Right. After we did all the work. Someone shut him up."

Raven rolls her eyes. "You shut up, Miller. No one's forcing you to watch."

Y/N laughs at that. Raven glances at her with a small smile.

Jasper walks out of a tent holding a large jug. "Woooooo! Monty strikes again! Call this batch 'Unity Juice'! Who's thirsty?"

People gather around to get their canteens full of moonshine.

Y/N looks back at the screen where Jaha is still talking to the members of the Ark. "To our sons and daughters on Earth listening to this message, we will see you soon. The first Exodus ship will launch in under sixty hours, carrying the reinforcements that you need, so stay strong. Help is on the way."
————————————————————————
Later, Y/N walks up to Bellamy. "Hey. Comms are still dead. They cut out during the pageant."

He huffs at that. "Best unity day ever."

"Do you really think now is a good time to be having a party? I mean, the Grounder is out there."

"Grounders. By now, he's made it home. He's probably putting together a lynch mob. Relax. I got security covered. Why don't you go get a drink? You look like you could use one." He says with a smirk.

She rolls her eyes. "I could use more than one."

"Then have more than one. Y/N, the Exodus ship carrying your mother comes down here in two days. After that, the party's over. Have some fun while you still can. You deserve it."

She smiles. "So do you."

He nods at that. "Maybe later."
————————————————————————
The party has lasted all day. The teens drink and laugh and dance. Y/N is standing over by a table outside with a few other teens, playing a drinking game. She doesn't normally do something like this but, like Bellamy said, she needed a break.

She's had several drinks now. Three, not that anyone's counting. She takes another shot when suddenly someone grabs her ass from behind. She wheels around, but before she can do anything, the kid is getting tackled to the ground.

She rubs her eyes and looks down to see Bellamy, on top of the teen, beating him up. Y/N gasps.

"Bellamy!" He doesn't respond.

"Bellamy!" She grabs his arm and pulls him off the kid. Others go to help him, as Bellamy launches at the kid again.

She tugs him away and drags him to his tent. His face is angry and red. His knuckles are bleeding again.

She pushes him down onto his bed and collapses into a chair by the table. "Are you insane?"

He furrows his brows. "He put his hands on you Y/N. I'm not just gonna sit by and watch that happen."

She stands up. "I can handle myself. I've said this before." She says loudly.

He stands up, taking a step forward. "I was just trying to-"

She shuts him up by grabbing his shirt and pulling him close. She kisses him on the lips. He quickly responds by wrapping his arms around her torso.

She pulls away. "Thank you." She whispers.

He smiles.

She steps toward the tent flap. "Next time though, let me deal with it."

He rolls his eyes playfully. "Whatever you say, princess."

She steps out of his tent, only to come face to face with Finn. "Jesus. You scared me."

He tilts his head at the fact that she just walked out of Bellamy's tent. He notices the gentle blush on her cheeks but says nothing. "Let's take a walk." He says.

The look on his face is unreadable. "Did something happen?"

He pulls her aside. "I need you to come with me, but I can't tell you why."

"Finn. Tell me why."

He lowers his voice, glancing to the side before he speaks. "I set up a meeting with the Grounders."

Her face contorts with confusion. "What? How?"

"I was just with the Grounder that we had in the dropship. His name is Lincoln."

She drops her voice to a whisper. "He spoke to you?"

"It's not important. We need to have peace. At this rate, if we don't stop it, a war is coming. I know it's a long shot but shouldn't we at least try? I trust him."

"He stabbed you, Finn."

He doesn't say anything.

"Does Clarke know?"

He nods.

"Okay. I'll go, but we're gonna need backup." She says crossing her arms.

"No way. We're not bringing guns. Those weren't the terms, and if we're gonna do this, we got to give it a fair shot."

She sighs. "Okay. Okay. Fine. I'll pack my bag and meet you at the gate." He nods and walks away. She groans quietly. How did she become the one in charge?

Y/N walks back to Bellamy's tent. She throws open the flap and walks inside. He's in the middle of changing his shirt.

"Hey princess, back for more already?" He smirks.

She rolls her eyes, distracting herself from the fact that his torso is exposed. "Finn's set up a meeting with the Grounders. I'm leaving to go talk to them."

His smile drops at that. He finishes putting on his shirt and walks up to her. "Have you lost your damn mind? They aren't looking to be friendly. They speared Jasper, stabbed Finn, and killed our people."

"I think it might be worth a shot. I mean, we do have to live with these people."

He shakes his head. "No. It's too dangerous. They'll probably gut you, string you up as a warning."

She sighs. "Well, that's why I'm here. I need you to follow us, be our backup."

He crosses his arms. "Does Finn know?"

"Finn doesn't need to know. And... Bellamy? Bring guns."
————————————————————————