Chapter 47) Truce

Clarke stares at her bloody hands in the tent of the makeshift Grounder base.

Y/N watches quietly from the tent flap. Abby and Kane stand next to her.

Clarke starts to hyperventilate as she frantically tries to scrub the red off of her.

Y/N walks over and kneels beside her sister who is sitting on a cot.

Clarke looks up, face streaked with tears. "They would've tortured him. I had to. I-"

Y/N just nods. "I know."

"I had to."

Y/N hugs Clarke tightly.

The tent flap opens and Gustus, one of the Commanders men, enters.

"The commander is ready to talk."

Moments later, the flap opens again and Lexa walks in, trailed by Indra.

Y/N stands up, before the commander as Clarke wipes away her tears.

"Blood has answered blood." Lexa says. "Some on my side say that's not enough. They wanted the murderer to suffer as our tradition demands." She pauses. "But they do not know that your people's suffering will be worse."

She looks to Clarke. "What you did tonight will haunt you until the end of your days."

Clarke looks at the floor. Y/N takes a deep breath.

"Still, there will be restitution. The body will be given to the people of Tondc. Murderer and murdered joined by fire. Only then can we have peace."

Kane speaks from his position still by the tent flap. "No. No, we've done enough. The boy should be buried by his own people."

"Enough?" Indra asks. "We were owed the pain of 18 deaths. We were owed our righteous kill. My village deserves justice."

Abby, who is now hugging Clarke, speaks as well. "You don't want justice. You want vengeance."

"You have not seen my vengeance."

"We'll do it." Y/N says. "But when it's over, we talk about how to get our people out of Mount Weather. All of our people."

"We want the same things, Y/N." Lexa says.

"Good. When do we leave?"

"Now." She stands from her throne. "Choose your attendants."

Lexa leaves the tent and Abby grabs Y/N by the arm. "You don't have to do this."

"Yes she does." Clarke says. "If this truce doesn't hold... I killed Finn for nothing."
————————————————————————
It's daybreak now.

Y/N walks side by side Bellamy.

Raven sits on a cart led by horses. Finn's body lies under an orange fabric.

Farther back, Abby and Kane walk with Clarke, and trailing them, is Octavia and Lincoln.

Grounders are also with them.

Y/N looks over at Bellamy. His face is hardened.

"You still think this truce is a bad idea, don't you?"

"I think we're wasting time with politics while our friends are in trouble."

"We need their army to get to Mount Weather."

"Their army has been getting their ass kicked by Mount Weather forever. What we need is an inside man. Someone to be our eyes and ears."

"Forget it. Bell, it's too dangerous."

"Y/N, if you and Clarke can make it out, I can make it in."

"I said no."

"I'm gonna need a better reason."

"I love you."

He looks over at her. His expression softens. "I love you too."
————————————————————————
It's dark out now.

Instead of continuing their journey, they decide to set up a temporary camp for the night.

Abby and Clarke are sitting in a tent. Bellamy stands next to them.

He walks over to Y/N who is making a makeshift bed on the dirt.

"Y/N. It's safer on our side."

"We need to trust them, Bellamy. There are no more sides."

He sighs, looking over at the Grounders nearby who watch them closely.

After a moment he takes off his guard jacket and sits down beside Y/N.

The next morning, they're back to moving.

They finally arrive at their destination led by Lexa and Gustus.

"Weapons." Gustus says, holding out a wooden basket.

Lincoln walks forward. "We need to disarm before we enter."

Y/N is next to follow. Then Bellamy, Clarke, Octavia, Abby, and Kane.

Raven doesn't move. Gustus takes nearly a dozen knives and other weapons from her, while she glares at him silently.

Once they've all handed over their weapons, Lexa and her people lead the sky people into the Grounder village.

Shouts in trigledaslang echo throughout, as people share their distress to Lexa.

A man says something to her and Gustus knocks him to the ground and begins beating him.

Y/N walks up to Lexa. "Commander, stop him. Please. They'll blame us for this too."

After a moment, she speaks in their language and Gustus lets the man go.

"The sky people march with us now." She tells her people. "Anyone who tries to stop that... will pay with their life."

The murmuring stops. Lexa continues to walk.

"Warm welcome." Bellamy mumbles to Y/N.
————————————————————————
Authors note: I'm back bitches :)
————————————————————————