Chapter 43) Offer

Y/N feels like she can't breathe as she leads the commander Lexa, and dozens of Grounder soldiers to the dropship.

Her heart pounds in her chest and echoes in her ears.

They get to the front of the dropship and she slows her footsteps. She turns around to face Lexa.

The woman looks at Y/N. Her eyes are angry as she sees the piles of burnt bodies and bones scattered around the ship.

"This way." Y/N says, pulling back the curtain at the entrance.

She climbs the ladder, opening the hatch and getting to the level where Lincoln is.

She sees Octavia crying over his lifeless body.

Nyko is looking at the floor.

Finn, Clarke, and Bellamy all stand silently.

Abby's face is pale as she looks over at Y/N.

Lexa's right hand man is first up. Lexa and Indra follow. A few more Grounders also come up the ladder.

Everyone is silent. Looks are exchanged.

Y/N glances at Bellamy, who slowly reaches his hand for the gun beside him.

Lexa turns her head towards Indra, giving a single nod.

Indra grinds her teeth as she reaches for her sword. "Kill them all."

The Grounders all pull out their weapons. Bellamy now holds up his gun. Abby has the shock lash baton in her hand.

Y/N takes a deep breath, looking at Lexa. "Please. You don't have to do this."

"You lied. And you're out of time."

Suddenly, Abby makes a move, pressing the shock baton against Lincoln's chest.

His body contorts up before going back down.

Everyone looks down in confusion.

Y/N's eyes widen. "Hit him again."

Her mother does, pressing the baton back on his chest.

Lincoln suddenly gasps for air and his eyes open slowly.

Octavia crawls over to him and looks down. "Lincoln."

He looks back at her. It's a different look than the one in the parking garage. It's kinder.

"Octavia." He whispers.

Y/N looks up to see Indra and Lexa staring at her.

After a moment, Lexa puts her weapon away.

The other Grounders follow suit.

Y/N sighs of relief.

They did it.
————————————————————————
Y/N now stands beside Lexa in front of a table in the commanders tent.

The woman smiles slightly. "Lincoln's recovery was... incredible. No one's ever survived such a fate before."

Y/N nods. "It's not complicated, really. We just have to keep them alive long enough for the drug to leave their system. I know we can do the same for others."

Lexa thinks for a moment. "You may have your truce."

Y/N smiles. "Thank you."

"I just need one thing in return."

"Tell me."

"Deliver me the one you call Finn. Our truce begins with his death."
————————————————————————
It's now nightfall by the time Y/N makes it to the gates of Camp Jaha.