Chapter 27) Hang

Murphy shoots the ground near Y/N's foot. "That's good. Then do what I said."

Bellamy winces as he throws the seatbelt over the pipe in the ceiling.

The radio cracks. "Bellamy! Y/N? Are you guys okay?" It's Octavia.

Y/N whimpers. She has a gag in her mouth. Murphy points at the radio, eyeing Bellamy. "Want her to know you're alive? Start tying."

"Bellamy! Do you copy?"

Murphy holds the walkie out so Bellamy can speak. "We're fine. Just a misfire. Now stop worrying about us and get back to work, all of you... And tell Raven to hurry her ass up."

Y/N cocks her head and Bellamy glances at her.

Murphy pulls away. "That's enough. Tie those two ends together."

"What do you want me to say? You want me to apologize? I'm... I'm sorry." Bellamy says.

Murphy laughs. "You got it all wrong, Bellamy. I don't want you to say anything. I want you to feel what I felt, and then... Then I want you to die."

Y/N has tears in her eyes. She blinks them away. Her hands are tied behind her back. She's pushed against the metal wall.

Murphy points at the box on the door. "Stand on it. Put that over your head." Murphy had him make a noose.

He wants Bellamy to hang, just like he did.

"This is insane. The Grounders could-" Bellamy gets cut off as Murphy shoots again, this time the bullet hitting Y/N's torso.

She screams in pain and falls over. Bellamy shouts. "No!"

She wiggles her way back to a sitting position. Her tied hands touch her left side. She pulls away to find blood. The bullet only grazed her thankfully. She looks up at Bellamy and nods to him, letting him know she's okay.

"Over your head." Murphy says.

Bellamy does. "Happy now?" He says glancing at Y/N.

Murphy sets his foot on the box below Bellamy. "You're so brave, aren't you? I mean, you came in here thinking you're just gonna turn this whole thing around, that you were stronger than me, and maybe one of your friends would come and help you. Well, what are you thinking now, Bellamy? Hmm?" He pushes it slightly causing Bellamy to choke a bit.

Y/N bites on the cloth in her mouth.

"You know, I got to hand it to you, Bellamy. You got 'em all fooled. They actually look up to you, almost as much as they look up to Y/N. Yeah, well, we know the truth, don't we? You're a coward. I learned that the day you kicked out the crate from beneath me." He says. "Isn't that what you said? That you were just giving the people what they wanted, right?"

Bellamy sighs. "I should've stopped them."

"Little late for that now, don't you think?"

Bellamy glances at the closed door. "You really think they're gonna just let you walk out of here?"

"Well, I think the princess is dying, and I know the king's about to die, so who's really gonna lead these people, huh? Me, that's who, and, yeah, maybe I'll have to kill your grounder-pounding little sister..."

Suddenly a yelp can be heard below the floor. Murphy smirks. "I'm guessing that's her right now."

He fires a few shots into the floor. Y/N shuts her eyes. He runs out of bullets when the door starts to open.

"Raven you did it!" Jasper shouts from outside. Murphys face pales and he kicks the box under Bellamy.

Y/N screams but can do nothing as she watches him hang. Tears stream down her cheeks. Murphy abandons his spot. He climbs up the ladder and slams the hatch down.

Jasper and Octavia run inside, followed by some others. "Bellamy!" Octavia screams. She cuts Bellamy down as Jasper unties Y/N.

The tears blind her eyes as she thinks about what Raven said. Tell him before it's too late.

Jasper hugs her after removing her gag and ties. She cries into his shoulder. She hears gasping and looks over at the ground where Bellamy lays. He's alive.

She tries standing up but collapses because of her wound. She crawls over and holds Bellamy in her arms.

I love you. I love you. I love you. She repeats it in her head. She wants to say it. She can't. I love you. I love you. I love you.

He sits up, holding his throat. There's a red outline from the seatbelt. She wraps her arms around him.

He hugs her back before standing with the help of Octavia. "Murphy!" He screams. His voice is raspy and dry. He reaches the ladder and breaks the hatch.

He climbs up to the level but it's too late. Murphy has blasted a hole through the side of the drop ship, using the last bit of their gunpowder.
————————————————————————
Bellamy comes back down the ladder and sits next to Y/N. Octavia wrapped her side in a piece of spare cloth. "You'll be okay." She says.

Y/N nods and Octavia walks out of the drop ship. She winces as she stands. "Bell..." she whispers.

He pulls her into a hug, being careful to avoid the wound. She pulls away after a moment and gently touches his neck where the redness is. "I'm so sorry."

He shakes his head. "It's not your fault."

She nods, arms on his shoulders. "It is. I trusted Murphy. I thought he changed. He just wanted revenge."

He looks her in the eye. "Y/N. It's not your fault. Murphy is Murphy."

She sighs. "He hung you."

"I'm okay."

"Are you?"

He hesitates. "I am when i'm with you."

She rolls her eyes playfully as he gently moves his head closer to hers. He captures her lips in a soft kiss.

She smiles against his mouth. He laughs and pulls away. "What?" He whispers.

"Nothing." She pulls him in and kisses him again.
————————————————————————