Chapter 22) Biological

Y/N quickly makes her way to the drop ship, helping the two coughing boys inside as well. She walks over to Murphy who is also coughing up blood.

She crouches down to his level and takes a deep breath. "Murphy, hey, look at me. I need you to tell me exactly how you escaped from the Grounders. What happened?"

He shrugs. "I don't know. I woke up, and they forgot to lock my cage. There was no one there, so I took off."

Y/N sighs and looks at the floor. "They let you go." She whispers.

Suddenly the curtain can be heard moving and Bellamy walks in.

Y/N looks up at him, dried blood still on her face. "Bellamy, stay back." She says.

He lifts his gun slightly, taking a step forward. "Did he do something to you?"

She shakes her head, getting a bit dizzy from the movement.

He looks around at the other boys in the tent who are sickly. "What the hell is this?"

Y/N closes her eyes. "Biological warfare. You were waiting for the Grounders to retaliate for the bridge? This is it. Murphy is the weapon."

Bellamy takes a step closer to Murphy. "Is this your revenge, helping the Grounders kill us?"

Murphy scoots up further against the wall. "I didn't know about this, okay, I swear."

Bellamy rolls his eyes. "Stop lying. When are they coming?"

Y/N faces Murphy now. "Murphy, think, all right? What can you tell us that's useful? Did you hear anything?"

"They are vicious, cruel."

Bellamy reaches for the collar of Murphys shirt. "You want to see vicious?"

Y/N shakes her head at him. "Bell, don't. Whatever this is, it spreads through contact."

With that, Bellamy slowly takes a few steps back. Clarke enters. "Y/N?"

Y/N rubs her face. "Clarke, you shouldn't be in here. No one should."

Clarke walks forward anyways. "If people are getting sick, I can help."

Y/N sighs. "I don't really know what this is, some kind of hemorrhagic fever. We just need to contain it before--"

Suddenly, Derek, one of the boys who was coughing minutes prior, starts violently coughing again. He throws up onto the floor. He starts to shake roughly.

Bellamy's eyes widen. "What's happening to him?"

Y/N shakes her head. "I don't know."

Derek stops shaking, coughs once and then falls over. Y/N reaches her hand out to his neck, checking for a pulse.

"Is he..." Bellamy starts.

Y/N looks up. "He's dead."

Finn, who walked in during the commotion looks at the two medically trained sisters. "What do we do?"

"Quarantine." Clarke says.

Y/N nods. "Round up everybody who had contact with Murphy. Bring them here."

Bellamy sighs. "And everybody they had contact with?"

She looks at him. "It's a start."

She looks over at Connor who is pale and sitting against the wall. "Connor, who was with you when you found him? Who carried him in? Think."

He coughs and looks up at them. "The first person there, was Octavia."
————————————————————————
Y/N finishes examining Octavia inside the drop ship. Bellamy, standing close by.