chp: 19

it was the middle of the night, tsuyoi wasn't even sleeping. naību was curled up in his chest, it had been about a few days since tsuyoi gave oikawa his number. and yet, the volleyball captain had not contacted him since.

tsuyoi shrugged, finding it amusing. he assumed oikawa just forgot or was nervous. he grabbed his phone to check the time, it was 2:34am in the morning and he had to be up early for practice.

as he was about to put his phone up and continue to listen to music, someone called. it was an unknown number. he raised a brow, his instincts told him to pick it up instead of ignore it like usual.

he answered it.

"hello?" he quietly asked, not wanting to wake up his sleeping sister. or his father.

"hey... aiko." this person said shakily. "hope i didn't wake you." a sad chuckle rang out.

tsuyoi's eyes widened to hear that voice and that tone. he swiftly moved naību off of him so he could sit up. the other end was hearing quite a bit of shuffling.

"oikawa?" he finally asked, "are you alright?" he was dismissive of the concern oikawa stated. tsuyoi rarely slept, but no one could tell. his eyes never really gave it away.

"i'm... i'm not too sure."

"would you like to talk about it?" tsuyoi tapped his phone, patiently waiting for oikawa to say something. but he didn't, it was dead silent. oikawa was trying to figure out what he should say. "would you like me to come over?" tsuyoi asked, hearing oikawa sharply inhale at that. he didn't expect him to say that.

"if it's no trouble." he mumbled.

"not at all. as long as you're okay with naību coming."

"she's always welcomed."

"good, good. i can't leave her by herself." tsuyoi laughed quietly, beginning to pack his uniform, practice gear and hygiene stuff. doing the same with naību, "do you need me to stay on the phone with you?"

"you don't have-"

"yes or no." tsuyoi picked naību up, going to his window and opening it.

"yes..." it was a very quiet response. but tsuyoi picked it up loud and clear.

"you got it." tsuyoi climbed down his window, keeping a firm grip on naību.

the only sound through the phone was tsuyoi's humming. that's how oikawa knew he was still there. the brown haired male was walking around in his room, the lamp was on. he didn't know why he called tsuyoi, his first instinct was to always call iwaizumi.

but what if his best friend was with marcos? they are spending a lot of time together, especially now since they're about to go on a date.

oikawa bit his thumb, his heart was beating rapidly. he really wanted tsuyoi to hurry up-

"i'm almost there. i'm a few houses down." tsuyoi said, no longer humming.

tsuyoi heard a breath leave oikawa's lips. tsuyoi frowned at that, oikawa really seemed like he didn't want to be alone. once tsuyoi arrived at oikawa's house, he saw the volleyball player open up his window for him.

they both hung up, tsuyoi passed naību to oikawa, he gently held her as tsuyoi climbed up into his room. oikawa put the ten year old girl on his bed and turned just in time to see tsuyoi locking oikawa's window and taking his bag off of his shoulders.

the football player turned and looked at him.

"what happened?" he asked, walking towards oikawa. he stood right in front of the volleyball player, searching his eyes, "better question: are you doing better?"