chp: 21

marcos walked to the volleyball gym, a big smile on their face as they entered. the volleyball team was packing up, and they saw iwaizumi and oikawa folding up the net.

"haji!" marcos called out, the ace looked up with a slight blush.

"marcos." he nodded his head.

everybody watched as marcos went to iwaizumi, hugging the male's waist and kissing his temple. iwaizumi -of course- hugged them back, hiding his face in the line backer's shoulder.

"ooh~ someone's finally getting some." matsuwaka said, some of the players snickered while the others rolled their eyes.

the volleyball team knew who marcos was, they were better acquainted with them than to the star player. sure, marcos was scary, at times, but that didn't stop them from being bubbly or more welcoming. they weren't as suffocated in marcos's presence than they were in tsuyoi's.

oikawa had a smile on his face, happy for his best friend. but by god was he envious and jealous.

"what are you doing here?" iwaizumi finally pulled away, finishing up folding the net as marcos walked alongside him.

marcos intertwined their fingers, swinging their hands back and forth. "i was hoping we could go spy on tsuyoi's date." iwaizumi cocked a brow, "that way we know what not to do when we go on ours saturday."

iwaizumi shook his head in disproval, "i'm down." his words contradicting his action.

marcos smiled brightly, their pearly white teeth flashing brighter than the sun. iwaizumi melted and felt his heart thumb in his chest. oikawa saw iwaizumi's expression, seeing the spiker with such softness and love for the football player.

"hey marcos," oikawa caught the white haired person's attention, "don't hurt iwa-chan." his face was dead serious, unusual from his whiny attitude and tone.

marcos shivered, "sometimes you remind me of tsuyoi." the mention of the football player almost made oikawa falter in his look. feeling a tinge of hurt breaking his heart. "why don't you join us on spying?" marcos smiled, not yet knowing what they were doing.

iwaizumi's eyes slightly widened at that question. he figured out oikawa's feelings for tsuyoi long before oikawa did. so, he much rather not have oikawa join and see the male being all lovey dovey with natalie.

"i don't think-"

"sure." oikawa blinked, cutting off iwaizumi. "sounds sneaky." he gave a closed eyed smile, shrugging off iwaizumi's concern.

"but what about naību?" iwaizumi asked, looking at oikawa, "shouldn't someone watch her?"

"already taken care of. tobio picked her up from mai's house, and she's staying with him for awhile."

"then it's settled." oikawa nodded, "let's go change."

marcos waited outside for the two volleyball players. iwaizumi and oikawa were the last to leave the locker room like always. but this time, with iwaizumi telling oikawa it was a bad idea for him to go. but oikawa would shrug it off, claiming it would be fine.

the only reason why he wanted to go was because he wanted to know if he were in natalie's place, would tsuyoi be a good boyfriend? tsuyoi and natalie never acted like a couple, so just how well could he act in front of cameras?

~~

"this is generally making me sad. we should just skip to your downfall." tasha said, a frown on her face.

tsuyoi clenched his fist at the last sentence. "yeah like i want to relive that." he snapped. "you and your damn annoying ass paparazzi and interview people wouldn't stop begging for my -our- story. so you're going to get all of it and you're going to sit there with a nice little smile on your face and be grateful i agreed." he glared, "or tooru and i can walk out right now and you'll never know anything else."