Opposite Sides

Despite everything, the birth of a baby is something that we all appreciate. The baby is so cute. Kenny has him in his arms, he made it. We spend the night in this place, I see that Clem is with the new baby. I still haven't had the time to go be with him, Genevive needs me. Until Clem talks to me.

Clem: Hi Y/N, Doesn't Gen have any more blankets? The baby is cold.

Y/N: No, sorry Clem. I already gave them the ones I had, and the ones that were left over are hers. She's cold too...

Mike: Clem, here's a coat we found with Bonnie. Sorry about the colour.

Rebecca: You really think I care about that?

Clem holds the baby. It looks like an big sister. Kenny will take care of him while Rebecca sleeps. I decide to go with Kenny.

Y/N: I can keep you company Kenny, you can't take care of two babies by yourself. Can I hold the other baby?

Kenny: Sure. Hi, little Gen.

Now I have the other baby in my arms, he is much lighter. I take care of him for a while while Kenny spends time with Gen.

Kenny: I always wanted a daughter, we thought Duck was going to be a girl, you know? Katjaa also wanted to...

We hear screams. We thought the worst, but it was just Luke. Jane is apparently gone.

Kenny: Hey, keep it down. Seriously Luke? All this bullshit is childish...

Luke: Childish? goddammit, Kenny. You know what? just lay off.

Kenny: No. You two put our lives, THESE BABIES' lives at risk, so you two could roll around on the floor like fucking teenagers.

So that was what Luke was doing. What's the point of rolling around with the person you love? That's weird. I'm so sleepy that I talk when I don't want to.

Y/N: Luke, what you did wasn't right, but I understand that you're sad, I would be too if she left.

Clem: Who?

Shit.

Y/N: You know...her. But she's still with me.

I think Luke knows from the beginning that I'm in love with Clem, and he thinks I'm almost never on his side because I'm jealous of him… how he just met Jane and they're already… Well, obviously I am not jealous.

Luke: I think I got you, Y/N... Thanks, I guess... Look, I made a mistake, okay?

Clem: Kenny, Luke. You two are acting like jerks. All you two do is fight.

Luke: It's just that Jane made me an offer, and I needed it, okay? I mean, everything is shit. So forgive me for wanting to enjoy ONE MOMENT of something else.

Kenny: Fine. But these babies, they're the most important thing right now, you got it? So get your shit together. We need a good place to raise them, which is not here, we gotta push on. We head north, we get to Wellington. That's our best shot.

Everyone wakes up from the noise we made. The babies are crying.

Clem: There's a town across the river, it might be safe there.

Kenny: Or at least it might be a good stop on the way.

Y/N: Kenny! You have to relax. Rebecca, I took care of him for a while.

I give her baby to Rebecca and Kenny returns Gen to me.

Kenny: That place is much better than here, at least. Looks like that's our best bet. We need to get to the road as soon as possible, we will leave at first light.