chapter xi.

┌──────── ∘°❉°∘ ────────┐"Sometimes I think I'm a killer

"Sometimes I think I'm a killer.                   
                           Scared you in your house."
- Phoebe Bridgers, Killer
└──────── °∘❉∘° ────────┘

It wasn't long before Aizawa returned.

Hizashi called out a greeting over the sizzle of grease, to which Aizawa responded with a half-hearted hello. His eyes scanned the room before falling on Athena in the far corner, her head tucked low as she typed ceaselessly at her laptop.

Always working.

Aizawa sighed before dropping the bags of clothes at the entrance of the living room, resolving to deal with them later. He moved towards Athena, and her head snapped up at the sound of his footsteps.

"You need to rest." He muttered, carefully shutting her laptop. She opened her mouth to protest but Aizawa raised a brow, carefully prying the device from her hands.

"Dinner's ready." Hizashi's bright tone echoed through the apartment, as he carefully balanced three plates within his arms. Aizawa shot a look at Athena, daring her to challenge him before setting the laptop off to the side of the coffee table and moving to help Athena into an easier position.

"How long will I be here?" She murmured and Hizashi huffed.

"So ready to get back to work already." He tsked. "I handed you your laptop to watch a movie or scroll mindlessly through HeroTube, not burn yourself out."

"Three weeks, minimum," Aizawa answered her question instead, gently placing a plateful of food in her lap before taking the loveseat across from the couch with his own plate. "You shattered your left leg, which was still healing from being impaled. Your ribs are still healing, and the burns on your back need constant maintenance that you won't be able to do, because you can't reach it."

"You'll need to go apartment hunting." Aizawa continued, stabbing his dinner viciously. "And we don't even know if the villains that boy worked for will continue targeting you." 

He glanced up, making eye contact. "So you're going to be here for a while." 

Athena hummed in response, not knowing what to say. Instead, she turned her gaze to her dinner. 

Hizashi had made pork belly and rice, the smell making her stomach grumble. She reached to take a bite, eyes widening before scarfing down the rest of the meal. She hadn't realized how hungry she was.

Hizashi and Aizawa talked softly while they ate, their conversation drifting to scheduling and who would stay with Athena throughout the day. 

Athena flushed at the thought. She didn't need babysitters. Embarrassment flurried through her limbs.