19: Confinement 🚨

Urumi slowly walked away and Deki leaned towards me. "Shouldn't we just stay together? Why join a group?"

"If you are trying to survive this game, I would like to observe the players more carefully." I said and looked at the two guys smiling at each other.

Near the first few rounds of the game, 3 apparent factions began to form: the group, partnered players, and loners.

The loners were the first to all gradually receive Game Over.

However, for the group, near the start, it is guaranteed both parties will only announce the correct mark, since lying would draw heavy suspicion. But the group soon followed the same result of eliminating as Urumi began manipulating everyone to lie to those who had even the slightest suspicious tendencies.

"She looks suspicious. We should lie to her." She said to the other two players in the group. Yes, she managed to eliminate the rest. She pointed at the girl who was eating cookies. The other players were sweating badly as they nodded.

The girl returned to the group and smiled before turning her back to her. "What's my symbol?"

Club. It is a club.

"Diamond." Urumi said and the girl turned back. The other people in the group nodded while sweating. Deki was shivering beside me, scared about the way we were losing players.

Towards the end, a 4th faction forms. It’s another group with Mitsurugu as its leader. His intent was to drag the game out until the food ran out.

Even if the Spy was within the group, they could live in peace for half a year.

At first glance, Mitsurugi's intent seemed humane. However, it holds a massive flaw: this would kill the rest of the players outside the game within a month as their visas expire with no means to clear the last game.

Oki, the blonde guy partnered with Enji, eventually quells the group by tricking Kariya, a loner and shoving him into the same cell as Mitsurugi, which was a forbidden action.

Now it was the two pairs and the group of five.

As stated by Urumi and Mitsurugi respectively, the longer the game goes on, the worse off it is for the players. They will have trauma and fear believing other's words.

Even if there seems to be nothing out of the ordinary, the Spy is convening and setting up their master plan from round 1.

The plan was to slowly eliminate players by making them lose faith in others.

At the time it seemed like intense thinking, but it was all true and greatly foreshadowed at the Spy's identity. It would be unwise to drag the game out for more than a dozen rounds, but players should still be as careful as possible.

Urumi turned her back to the two other people in the group. "Would you please tell me my symbol?"

Spade.

"Heart! It's a heart!" The guy said and looked at the girl, signalling her to say the same. Urumi turned and the girl nodded. "It's a heart."

Eventually, Urumi's collar exploded as well. And the two remaining players lied to each other, causing them to die as well.

In the end, the partnered players were the ones who lasted the longest. Finding a partner and staying with them was among the best strategies to clear the game. 

And I sensed it. Near the end, they should they trust each other enough, they would be able to deduce the identity of the Spy from seeing who the final player is.

Staying with a group seems to be the most practical option, but it wouldn’t last long due to how easily swayed people can be.

When the first person was killed in the group, I realised it then, no one else in the group can be trusted, not alone or together.

Solitary Confinement was meant to be a game of attrition. I believe. It's been days now.

So there are 6 players left:
1: Enji Matsushita
2: Oki Yaba
3: Sunato Banda
4: Kyomi Banda
5: Deki Hanabe
6: Kim Taehyung, that's me.

I looked over at Deki, who looked traumatised. I turned him back and he flinched but I looked at his symbol.

"Heart." I said and turned back. His hands trembled but he reached for my collar and looked at the symbol before saying. "Heart. Yours is heart too."

I smiled and both of us walked towards the cell. "Thank you, Taehyung. But I can't. I can't do this." I looked at him and he smiled before getting inside his cell.

But when I got out of my cell after clearing this stage. I found out that Deki didn't say his answer even though I told him the correct one.

You were too kind and weak for this game, Deki-kun.

I looked at Deki's cell and then other two pairs in front of me. "Well, that's settled. Seems like I've lost my partner." I mumbled to myself.

They looked at me and ignored before walking away. I chuckled and shook my head with a smirk on my lips.

"Looks like I'm screwed."