21: Strategy🀄

Author's POV

Enji opens the door and looks around to see no one around him. He chuckled lightly and starts laughing like a maniac.

The identity of the Spy was Enji Matsushita.

"Fucking finally! There were previous unsuccessful attempts at the players beating his game as well. Just added another one." Enji said and added.

"Going alone is suicide, especially towards the endgame. That Taehyung guy thought he can win. Funny."

Suddenly the door opened and Enji's smile dropped when he saw Taehyung coming out of his cell with his hands inside his pocket.

Taehyung was smiling at him but then Enji smiled back. "You're the only player left which means that you'll die as well."

"Who said he's the only one left?"

Both of them turned to look at Sunato Banda and Oki Yaba walking towards them.

"Enji is the Spy." This was deduced by both Sunato Banda and Oki Yaba after they formed a sudden but strong alliance and saw that Enji was the last remaining player, except Taehyung, and uncovered his tactics.

"No, Oki. This guy is the Spy. How did he know the answer without us helping him?"

The two guys smiled and looked at him. "We heard you, Enji. And we figured out your tactics as well. The silver haired guy isn't the Spy."

"How are you so sure about that?"

"I said to Kyomi the correct option but still she died. She must have been manipulated by someone other than me and Oki. Taehyung himself went alone. He has no advantage in lying to her. Oki was with me so it has to be you."

"And I can tell you how Enji was secretly comminating with Kyomi." Taehyung said and the others looked at him. He smiled and put his hands inside the pocket before taking something out from it.

"They were communicating through these ..."

"Cookies?"

Taehyung nodded and opened the packet of cookies and biting on it. "There were four flavours of the cookies. You saw the symbol of Kyomi and took the respective flavour while she did the same for you." He said but was cut off by Oki.

"Even if told the wrong mark, Enji has a prosthetic eye covered by his hair which is linked directly to his collar. Although this is extremely unfair, it infringes no rules since it states that players may not bring in any reflective materials."

Enji's eyes widened at his words. "You even manipulated Kyomi to say the wrong choice to me but Oki had already told me the right one. So I didn't bother about saving her anymore." Sunato said.

"We didn't care about Taehyung either but I guess luck was in his side." Oki said, smirking at Taehyung.

"I just had two choices. Diamond or spade but I just went with my gut feeling and choose diamond." Taehyung remarked, munching on the cookies.

"You chose your life over your gut feeling?" Enji asked and Taehyung chuckled. "This is the thing I hate about people. We should not think about outcomes and play like our life depends on it."

"But our life depends on it." Oki said in disbelief but Taehyung shook his head. "Have fun, games are supposed to be played for fun."

"This guy is crazy!" Sunato said while smiling and then looked back at Enji. "So the game is cleared?"

"Not until he dies." Oki said and was moving towards Enji with a psychotic gaze. Sunato ready to beat him up as well.

Taehyung smiled and turned around to walk back towards the pantry.

He slowly walked back to the pantry and took a bag before putting in all the packet of biscuits, chocolates and snacks.

He held the bags close to him and looked inside it when his collar unlocked by itself and fell to the ground.

"Finally, the Spy died. Now I can go back to my partner. And give her these snacks that I found delicious."

He chuckled and strolled towards the exit of the prison while carrying the bags in his hands. He smirked to himself when the mechanical voice spoke.

“Congratulations to Kim Taehyung, Sunato Banda and Oki Yaba for clearing the round. The next round will commence soon.”