46: Glitch 👩‍💻

I ran inside my home and my parents looked at me in shock. "Mirae, what the hell happened to you?"

I held my head throbbing in pain and my body was weak. "I don't know, mom. My entire body is shivering."

"You just momentarily passed out for a minute while talking to us. We couldn't see you properly. Even my phone stopped working and my game was paused."

"What?"

"I lost my gaming steak!" My mom whined and I chuckled while shaking my head, blinking my eyes.

I looked over at Jenny who was busy keeping the items that we got from shopping in their places. "Gen-II, come here."

She slowly came to me and I clicked on the small button at her nape. Her eye lenses turned blue. "Show me work activity for the last 15 minutes."

The screen projected the activity log of Jenny for the last 15 minutes. I scrolled down when I heard my dad yell behind me. "Mirae, where do you want to eat the omelette?"

"Wait a minute, dad!" I said rolling my eyes until it landed in a particular line. "Mom, can you tell me the time when you called me?"

"10 minutes ago, approximately." I nodded. While zooming on that particular time range, I sighed before closing the log.

"I think Gen-II lagged somewhat." I said and my mother frowned. "She lagged?"

"Yes, she had a glitch for a minute. I don't have activity here for a minute when she records the activities every second."

"So why were you in pain?" My mom asked and I touched my glasses. "My glasses are connected to my phone and Jenny. So if she glitches and I'm wearing the glasses then I'll be affected as well."

"What happened to you in that minute?" My dad asked, holding the plate. "I don't know. Maybe I was electrocuted? I don't remember anything."

He hummed and I folded my arm to switch on Jenny again. I pressed on the button and her eye lenses turned green and then brown.

My mom showed me the screen of her phone and pouted. "My game level dropped because of you."

"Me?"

"Yes, I was playing Titanium but now because of your glitch, my level dropped."

I sighed and took her phone. "But you were calling me when there was a glitch."

"Actually, I had my game on standby in the tab to talk to you. So when Jenny had a glitch, my phone had a glitch as well."

"Stop! So many glitches in this life. When are you going to have the omelette?" My dad interrupted and I rolled my eyes.

"Which game were you playing?" I asked my mom and she showed me the TV screen. "I was playing Titanium with my phone as a controller."

"The stupid game from the stupid company?" I mumbled and my mom glared at me. "That company which provides the best VR games in the world! The VCorp! And Titanium is their best death game!"

I shook my head and turned to go back to my room. "I brought in your groceries so I don't expect you to disturb me while I'm working now." I declared.

"What are you going to do now?" My mom asked. "I'm going to test run the application that I have been working on for a while. Then I need to check up Gen-II for the glitches. I don't want it to happen next time."

"Okay, thank you for helping." I heard my mom mumble but then my dad screamed.

"What about the omelette?"