22 | gwyneth - slow fury

track #04 in gwyneth thalia anderson

lesserafim // impurities

I SHAKE my head and walk down the stairs at what Kunboss is doing, sitting myself down onto the couch and zoning out.

What on earth is he doing with Zoey? I slap myself, blaming me for not noticing earlier. He probably wants to confess – but I can't allow him to. Not after he's done something like this to hurt all of us. Just like in the Games, I want to ensure the best for both of them – which is to keep them apart for the time being. If not under these circumstances, I would have happily watched the scene fold out.

I stare into space for about an hour, and Kunboss storms down the stairs, giggling childishly at the sight of me.

"You're supposed to be doing your mission," he taunts, before taking his phone out of his pocket and typing something, averting his eyes away from me. "You keep saying that's important, but you're not doing anything yourself either. The audacity for you to tell me off."

When he's done, he yells up the stairs, "GUYS! LOOK WHAT YOUR SUPPOSED LEADER IS DOING! BEING LAZY!"

I narrow my eyes into slits, already not looking forward to what comes next, and he smirks victoriously. When Eunice, Zoey, Aiden, and Cadence appear at the top of the stairs, he beckons them down excitedly, as if he has something to tell them.

Eunice scoffs and turns back towards her room, but probably decides confrontation is better, and quickens her steps, jogging down the stairs.. Everyone follows, and I sense a fight coming.

I stare at Kun with red burning in my eyes; he smiles back at me with a sickly expression, and I stifle a scream.

When everyone's here, Kunboss gestures for us to all stand around the table in a circle, with me in the middle.

"What?" Cadence complains grumpily. "Unlike you who can stand around doing nothing, I have homework to do. And it's not like you can help me. In fact, you can't, but Gwyn can. So please speed this up."

"Listen up," Kunboss explains. "You all are busy with your missions, but your leader isn't. This lady right here," he points to me, "is instructing us all, telling us what to do, but is she doing anything herself?"

Eunice huffs. "That's it. Stop targeting Gwyn," she says. "Look at yourself – you're not doing anything too, Kunboss Bailey. So please piss off, kindly go back to your room, and don't waste any of our time."

"So you admit Gwyneth shouldn't be the one leading?" Kunboss taunts. "I'm not doing anything at this moment, because I need to bring this to your attention. But look at her! She's spent more than an hour sitting on this couch zoning out, while the rest of us are working hard! How does that look for both her and the team?"