28 | aiden - innocence

track #04 in aiden rhys langston

aespa // life's too short

I WATCH from my position on the sidelines as my girlfriend's killer smirks, gun in hand. I let out a strained gasp as he gruffly yells, "C'mon! We got things to do!" and people come streaming out from behind a tree, holding others captive with bags over their heads. One by one, innocent people are being led towards the road near the front door of our house.

"What's this?" Tristan asks harshly.

"Well," he says. "We don't believe torture is the way to go for most things. Just like Mr Langston here," he points to me, "some people want to die with their loved ones – but how big of a waste is that? I'd have loved to let you and Anson Ambers die together. Just reminding you one more time of your value, Aiden. You're more important than most others in this, I hope you know that."

The man in a black T-shirt chuckles as the people walk even closer. "We don't kill people for no reason. You," he walks closer to Gwyneth and looks her up and down, "of all people, would understand."

"What do you want with her?" retaliates Tristan, immediately standing in front of her and shoving the man away. "Such a perv."

"Oh ho ho, we've got ourselves a feisty bunch here," he says. "You're Tristan Hale, right? The boy who pathetically lost his sister?"

Tristan's face immediately twists into a knowing scowl. "You talk about me or my sister one more time and I'll punch you in-"

"Now, now, Mr Hale. Don't need to be agitated, I was just confirming your identity. Such a coincidence that you and Aiden here said the same thing, called me a pervert. Aiden had a thing for Miss Ambers – and would you have the same affection for... perhaps, her?" he tilts her head in Gwyneth's direction, as if asking a question.

"If you're asking if we're dating, no," Gwyn frowns, answering for Tris before he can yell. "Now what's the purpose of all this? To humiliate Tristan and Aiden? Or to rub the fact that my dad's with you in my face? If you're doing this because of that, then please kindly get lost. I don't want to see you anywhere near our house. Or any of James' minions."

The man once again puts on his sickly smile that I've seen multiple times until now. "Well, Gwyneth Anderson, I'm afraid I know your name. You're the most important. I've got significant orders to not harm you until further notice, but if not the case, I'd really love to punch your head in. Now, back to the point," he says bubbily as if that wasn't a death threat, flouncing to the captives who are now standing in a line.

"As I said, we don't believe in torture or harming people with no purpose. These people," he flicks his hand once, and other black-clad people lift the bags off of the captives' heads. "are innocent."