🧊⛸️𝕀𝕔𝕖 𝕊𝕜𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘⛸️🧊

⛸️             

It was the 27th December, a while after Christmas. I still had some of my presents on the floor because I didn't put it in the shelves and I noticed the ice-skates. It's true that I have never stood on ice before and I probably couldn't do a single step. I heard a phone call and answered it.

                                   ⛸️             

„Hello?“ I asked. „Hi Y/N!“ said a familiar voice. „Steve, hi!“ I smiled. „Hey, I wanted to ask you something. You got the ice-skates, right? Well that present was from me. I wanted you to try them. I heard that not so far away, there's a rink. We might try it!“ Steve suggested. I raised my eyebrows. „Wait- you want ME to stand on ice? I've never been there and plus, I'll fall the moment I'll step on it!“ I said. „That's why I got you the skates, we'll learn it together, I'll help you!“ He offered. „So you can skate?“ I asked Steve. „Not that well, but I know how. So maybe like- 4PM? I'll pick you up.“ Steve said. „Alright, sounds good, see you!“ I said and hung up.

                                   ⛸️             

It's gonna be my first time to stand on ice with skates and I'm really excited. It was 12 and my mom called me for lunch. „Coming!“ I said and ran downstairs. When I sat down, my mom looked at me. „So, who were you talking to?“ she asked me. „Oh, just Steve. We're going ice skating today at 4PM. Is it fine?“ I asked mom. „Yeah, fine by me. But can you skate?“ She asked me. „No, but Steve said that he'll teach me.“ I smiled and took a first bite of my lunch.

                     °•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

It was 3:50 and I started to get ready. I took a bag with the skates and went downstairs. I put on a scarf, a hat and some warm gloves. My ride was here. I just shouted goodbye and ran to the car. „Hi, I see that you're excited!“ Steve said and smiled. „Yeah, I am.“ I smiled back and we drove there. After 8 minutes we arrived and went to some bench to put our skates on. I struggled with the skates. They were too tight, then too loose. Steve saw me and helped me to tie them and out them in a perfect position.

                                   ⛸️             

„Okay, we're ready to go!“ Steve smiled and went to the gate. Walking with skates was like walking on heels but a little worse. When I managed to get to the gate, I almost fell and held Steve for balance. „See? I told you I'd fall. And we're not even on the ice yet!“ I said and Steve chuckled. He walked through and helped me to get there. I almost fell again but held the fence. „Oh my god, this is way harder than it seems!“ I said. „This is the easiest thing of all. Now you'll need to figure out how to move.“ Steve said.

                                   ⛸️             

„What do you mean figure it out? You said you knew how to skate!“ I widened my eyes at him and almost fell again. „Yeah, but you'll need to try yourself. Give me your hand and hold the fence with the other one. And let me drag you. You won't have to do anything, just watch my skates.“ Steve said and held out his hand. I looked at him and took it.

                                   ⛸️             

„Now, you'll need to slide your feet like this. 1, 2 and slide. 1, 2 and slide. It's the same.“ He explained it to me. I went a little further from the fence and tried it. I almost fell, but Steve caught me in time. I tried again and it was a little better. „Okay, let me help you.“ Steve smiled and went closer to me. He took both of my hands and we were skating in a circle along the other people. We were both smiling. I really enjoyed it! Then I was looking in Steve's eyes.

                                   ⛸️             

Someone almost nudged into me, which snapped me back from my trance. „Wait here, I'll go a little further from you.“ said Steve and I stayed on my place. „Great, now try to push yourself to me“ said Steve gesturing with his hands. I pushed myself. 1, 2, and SMACK. I bended too much and fell on Steve. He fell down the ground and I did too.

                                   ⛸️             

I blushed a little and put my hair out of my mouth. Steve and I then bursted into laughter and when I tried to get up I fell again. When we finally got up, he held my hand again and we tried to skate together again, but I also pushed myself a little. By the time, I got better and I could do it without holding something, or someone. But I still think that holding Steve was better. I made a one whole circle around. Steve's eyes were wide and he clapped as he saw me skating.

                                   ⛸️             

„You're really good, you did it by yourself!“ he clapped again. „Thanks, but all the credit goes to you. You're the one who thought me how to skate!“ I smiled at him. „Hey, maybe we could do a circle around together?“ Steve asked me. „Sure!“ I said. I grabbed his hand and smiled at him. He smiled at me too and I was lost in his eyes again.

                                   ⛸️             

Then we slid together. 1, 2, and slide. As we held each others hands, we smiled. And from one circle, it became two circles. Then three. Then four. Then when we started the fifth one and Steve pushed me to the fence. I wasn't sure if it was by the accident or no, but I liked it. I felt myself blushing and Steve was too.

I felt really awkward, but...

That quickly changed...

Steve looked in my eyes again and took the hair out of my eyes and put them behind my ear. „You're... really pretty, Y/N. Especially in this cold weather.“ he said and I blushed even harder. GOD I WANTED TO KISS HIM SO BAD! But he's my best friend, I possibly couldn't do that. But I wanted to!!

                                   ⛸️             

And then someone did it for me. Steve put his hand on my cheek and got closer. My heart was beating really fast and I felt like it's going to jump out of my chest.

                                   ⛸️             

I started to close his eyes and suddenly, I feel his lips on mine. They were really soft and I enjoyed the kiss so much. Then we pulled away and he looked in my eyes. „Y/N, I'm so sorry for doing that, I just- I couldn't resist your beauty and all!“ Steve put his palm on his forehead and I put my hand on the hand and pulled it down.

                                   ⛸️             

„Steve, don't apologize, it's completely fine. I also wanted to kiss you. Do you mind if we...do it again?“ I asked him. Steve looked at me again and I kissed him. He smiled through the kiss and I held both of his cheeks. He put his hand on my back and continued kissing me.

                                   ⛸️             

When we pulled away, we smiled and took our hands again. We looked at each other and smiled again. I realized that finding a boy of my dreams was really easy, but I was just too blind to see it. He stood right here, in front of me. And it looks like getting me ice skates for Christmas wasn't a bad thing at all!

                                   ⛸️             

A/N: ᴛʜɪs sᴛᴏʀʏ ɪs ʙᴀsᴇᴅ ᴏғ ᴍʏ ᴅᴀʏ, ᴡᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴋᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍʏ ᴄʟᴀss, ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ sᴋᴀᴛᴇᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍʏ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs, ɴᴏᴛ ᴄʀᴜsʜ (ᴜɴғᴏʀᴛᴜɴᴀᴛᴇʟʏ) :ᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴀʟsᴏ sᴛᴏᴏᴅ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɪᴄᴇ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴡᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴇʀʀɪʙʟᴇ. Bᴜᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ ᴡᴀs ᴡᴀʏ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʟᴇss ʙʀᴜɪsᴇs :ᴅ