Chapter 7 - Humanity

As Sev's sobs slowly subsided, it was Chuuya who broke the silence.

"That's enough. Now tell me what happened there. Who was that man?"

She knew this question would come. She was even surprised at how patient he was. But even if she wanted to tell everything, how could she tell? Fyodor had blatantly threatened her in his note.

So she remained silent. Just as Chuuya was losing patience, Akutagawa interrupted. 

"Chuuya San, She can't speak because she's been threatened." 

Hearing this word, all their gazes turned to Akutagawa. Sev was particularly surprised. How could Akutagawa know? Couldn't she even hide that she was threatened? 

Akutagawa pulled out what the girl realized was Fyodor's note.

" Seems like Sev san dropped this note while she was inside Rashoumon and it fell in front of me from the hem of my coat." 

Dazai immediately got up and took the note from Akutagawa and read it out loud. 

"Hmm, an ability user who kills with just one touch... Did he sent this message or someone else who controls him?... You won't answer this, right?" 

"What the heck she won't answer?! Hey, Tell me what you know. Tell me so I can smash that piece of shit!"

"Chuuya, why are you still alive? Asked Dazai.

"Huh? What nonsense are you talking shitty Dazai?"

"You met such an ability user. Knowing you, I'm sure you punched him, right? Why didn't he kill you?"

Chuuya didn't answer, he rolled his eyes in anger.

Sev's fear increased. Even if she didn't say anything, Dazai would understand everything. Fyodor could tell that, couldn't he? It wasn't her fault, she was going to keep his mouth shut.

Dazai continued: 

"They made a deal. The reason that she agreed was your li-"

"Shut the f*ck up! I already know this."

She wasn't surprised but was glad that Chuuya know her reasons thus he'd understand her feelings.  

Chuuya understood it when she killed the boy. He understood why she was begging him to not kill the man. He understood that she actually were begging to the man for his life. That was the reason of Chuuya's patient until now. But that was enough. He must kill the man immediately. So he'd learn everything she know. 

"Akutagawa, you can answer his questions. You, come with me. And Dazai, she is the Port Mafia's member. Don't even think to get her." Said Chuuya and took Sev's arm and led her to the nearest room. 

"It's rude of you to enter my bedroom with a beautiful lady, Chuuya." Dazai reproached. After watching the two of them enter his room and shut the door, he turned to Akutagawa. 

"Sev San, huh? How did this weak, woman come to be your superior in the mafia? It looks like Chuuya put a lot of value on her. I'm not even saying it's the first time I've seen her."

Dazai San admitted that he had become stronger last week. It was the first encounter since then, and Chuuya San had allowed him to answer his questions. Akutagawa felt like it was back in the days when Dazai was still in the mafia. Simply, he was happy. 

"In fact, we've all seen her for the first time today."

"Wow, only in one day huh? How many years did we compete with Chuuya to become executive but it only took one day for the lady inside? I wonder what makes her special."