Chapter 8

SEPARATION 

"It was probably Fyodor." Said Dazai as Chuuya, who has nothing to do here anymore, heads for the exit door. Hearing this, he turned and looked at Dazai in surprise:

"Fyodor himself? As a dirty homeless man, you say?"

"That's not something one should be surprised Chuuya, he is king of the rats, . But you're the one who meet him. What was the man looked like?"

He was right as always. And Without waiting for his answer to be confirmed, Chuuya was sure that Dazai's suspicion was correct.

"As tall as you. Dirty long black hair and a dirty face. I couldn't see his face as the hair and dirt were covering it and it was a dark street."

"The way he talked?"

"I wanted to punch him."

"Just like me, huh... -he smiled- Sev chan and he sure met. But I'm not sure if the guy who can kill probably by touch is himself. According to your words he is, but he can make the guy look like himself as well. But again, I'm sure that Fyodor is after Sev and he or one of his rats have the killing ability."

"I'll keep this in my mind... And... If Sev turns back let me... Nevermind." Chuuya said and went out. Akutagawa followed, wishing the host good night.

"I don't think I'd do so as well" Dazai hummed behind the closing door.

After sending Akutagawa, Chuuya set out for his home. Besides Sev's words and her escape, another thing that bothered him was reporting the failure of the mission to Mori. On the other hand, he thought that he had lost Sev while carrying out his orders. To take Sev to the mafia and give her a high position was to imprison her. Chuuya's job as Sev's bodyguard was actually a prison guard, and And while Sev volunteering for the Mafia, he would learn from her as much as he could in the process. These was his orders. But Chuuya immediately dismissed these thoughts from his mind. No, the boss's orders were not wrong, the problem was that he had failed. Dazai could have made it without any problems, that thought bothered him even more. Without further delay, he called his boss and told everything except for the details of his argument with Sev. Mori's answer was not as harsh as he had feared.

"Our loss is understandable if our enemy is Fyodor. Sev chan is smart enough to take you to Dazai and is on our side no matter what. So I'm sure that she won't sell our information to the enemy, but I don't think she will be able to resist the torture of Fyodor or any organization. So it would be nice to save both her and our interest Chuuya kun. But we must find her before anyone else. Considering the danger you went through tonight, you must keep your distance even if she end up dying. Saving her without any problem is what I wish for, and I can see that is the same for you, Chuuya-kun. But her death would be better than her being forced into confession by torture and strengthening the hand of our enemies. So keep these in mind while looking for her."

Towards the end of Mori's speech, Chuuya was startled. Was it a consolation in the case of Sev's death or a command to kill her if she caught? No, he didn't want to think about this possiblity. He would find and save her before anyone else. But saving her, huh? Chuuya was sure that even if he find her right now, she wouldn't follow him. And indeed, he himself not want to find her now. Capturing her right now, no, even simply protecting her was not something he could do, was not something someone who even himself questions his humanity could do. Ahh, if only they both had time to think and calm down in peace. The possibility of Sev falling into someone's hands and being tortured bothered him immensely. Maybe he could find her and protect her without her noticing. With his own ability, maybe she was floating around and it would be easier for Chuuya to find her. Even though he didn't want Sev to see him right now, he started looking for her with a vague hope.

Actually, he was right, Chuuya was right to ascend to the sky to seek her, but when he did, Sev had already fallen into the hands of an organization. In order to get rid of anger, sadness and tears and to come back to her right mind, Sev left herself in the hands of the cold wind. She rose higher and higher in the sky for this. Even with Chuuya's jacket still on, Penelope's dress from the webtoon didn't feel warm at all. So after a few moments his mind was flooded with thoughts of chills besides her pain, and then she landed on an empty roof.

Before long, however, and before she had time to linger in dark thoughts, a cloud of dust surrounded her and gathered beside her then took on the form of a human being.

"Didn't you tire us out too much chasing you, Sev-san?"

Although the sudden appearance of a person next to her frightened her, she was relieved when she saw who it was. With his creepy smile and closed eyes, this person was Jouno.

"Oh Jouno? It's not time for you to appear...Ah it is because of the things i told to Tachihara, right? But thank you for coming" she said with a sad smile.

It was time for the man to surprise this time. Because this was the first time that a target he had faced with felt relieved. All he heard in her heartbeats was that she was happy and relieved that he had come. She really was interesting.

"I wonder why you're happy to see me. If you know me, you must know that I am more of an ex-con than a soldier, and that I would enjoy torturing you like i did to many people."

She smiled again.

"You're a good man, Jouno. Even though you go too far in prosecuting criminals you wouldn't do this to an innocent woman like me, no?"

He laughed."This was the most absurd thing that I've heard. Do you wanna test me? Because when questioning you, you will get this chance."

"Okay. But Jouno, I'm so tired and its cold actually. Can you take me somewhere I can rest and then question me? I'd be grateful."

While saying this she stand up and extended her hand to the man. But he withdrawn.

"I know about your ability so you'll walk in front of us for now."

She felt she had no strength left to stand more.

"In my opinion, the strongest one is Nakahara Chuuya's ability. And now i have it. Wouldn't the gravity control be more dangerous than yours? And i haven't used your ability I'm afraid that I'd lose some parts of my body if i use. You're a walking lie detector so you must have already realized that I'm not lying. I'm just too tired to walk alone. So please let me get support from you."

She were talking the truth.

So when Tachihara and Tetchou arrived the rooftop, They found Sev and Jouno walking arm in arm, hand in hand.