Chapter 19 - The ADA

Word count: 2490

Chapter 19 - The Armed Detective Agency

The pink-haired woman opened the door of the agency without knocking and shouted, opening her hands full of shopping bags and a huge white rabbit plushie:

"Hiiiiiiii the main characters of the story!!!" 

When they suddenly heard this loud and strange greeting, the people inside looked at the girl in surprise. But their surprise faded when they saw the reaction of Dazai, who jumped up when he saw the person entering. 

"Oh, the beautiful lady! I miss you!"

Then Dazai approached the woman with a big smile on his face, the woman dropped the bags in her hands and hugged him with excitement.

"I miss you, too!!!"

Even though they wondered who the woman was or how Dazai knew her, what everyone saw without exception was that a second Dazai had appeared, but as a woman. 

Sev kept her hug to Dazai brief because she still had an agency full of people to hug. 

"My name is Sev and i love you all! But from the agency my number one is Dazai and number two is... Kenji!!" She said while walking towards the boy and hugging him, too. Poor child couldn't even resist but wasn't uncomfortable with it either, so he hugged her back with a smile on his face. For Kenji there was no people to hate anyway. 

While Kunikida asking Dazai who was she, Ranpo approached the bags and picked one of them. While opening a package of junk food:

"Thanks for the gift." he muttered without looking at her and sat down at his table and started eating. Hearing this she remembered the gifts she bought for them. Of course Ranpo would know it!

"Enjoy it, Ranpo San!" She said and continued "I have gifts for you guys, too! Wait a second." She grabbed a bag and walked towards Yosano. 

"Yosano Sensei! Wow you're so beautiful in real life! I'm glad i bought this necklace for you. So it can support your beauty!" 

It was a butterfly-shaped necklace that Sev thought would look good with Yosano's precious buckle. But Sev didn't know whether the woman would thank her or reject the gift and question her, so she quickly moved on to the next one. Yosano, on the other hand, was following the girl with questioning eyes without opening the gift, like everyone else. Except for Ranpo because he was busy eating the snacks. 

She bought very cute notebooks and pens for high school student Naomi, and a t-shirt for Tanizaki cuz she had no idea nor interest in their tastes; A stuffed cat plushie for the secretary of the agency. She also wanted to warn the poor girl about the old man, perhaps perverted old man, who becomes a cat and let her kiss him etc. But she couldn't. 

The girl bought three very high-quality notebooks for Kunikida. She didn't know much about quality, but she thought so because they were expensive. And when the blonde man's eyes sparkled behind his glasses, she realized that the notebooks were indeed of high quality. Then, when Kunikida thanked her respectfully and kindly, she was truly happy. These notebooks were the most appreciated of the gifts so far. 

Dazai was watching the smile of the girl who had been crying in his arms a few nights ago, on the edge of despair. Kunikida's sparkling eyes were fun indeed, but for now there must be something more entertaining near here, probably in the cafe. So, he went out to disturb poor Chuuya, who was quietly drinking his coffee with some peace. This actually was Sev's gift for Dazai. She couldn't give the man bandages or the page so that he can write the Beast universe as a gift, but even though Chuuya would be annoyed, she chose this and decided to not talk about it until one of the duo ask her.