Chapter 20: Because I'm White

Please excuse ANY errors.

December 22, 1998

~DeVanté's P.O.V~

"I bet you gon' get yo ass handed to you on fuckin' platter. I packed it with me and we gon' see. Imma need you to back up yo words TONIGHT!" I told Tia while driving.

"A'ight, then we just gon' have to see. I hope you tightened up on your finger controls because they always seem to slip. Excuses... Excuses... Excuses." Tia shook her head, laughing.

"All you need to do is back that shit up with actions. For a change..." I said that last part quickly just to strike a little nerve. I put my tongue in my jaw to keep from laughing.

"For a change?" Tia's head jerked back. "That sounds personal, partner? How does Mario Karts turn into- No, when don't I back my words up? Name one time, Donald."

"Spades."

"Spades!? You're ass in that!" She cackled. "YOU don't back up YOUR words. I tried to teach you, but that's ONE thing that you ain't got in you."

"I'm not that damn bad at Spades. Give me MY credit." I popped my imaginary collar.

"Sir, I give credit where credit is due." Tia pursed her lips. "I give you credit with anything music and so many other things, BUT your credit- matter of fact the bank denied your access with them. All the banks."

"All of 'em?" I said taken aback. "Hol' on, I may be ass-"

"That's it. Once you say you ass, you're ASS and YOU KNOW it!" Tia said laughing.

"You see... You ain't gotta do to a man like that now." I said laughing. "You know what your ass at though?"

"Yes!"

"List all that shit then," I told her. "Imma do it for you. One: Pac-Man."

"Okay." She nodded.

"Two: Mortal Kombat. The reason you hate that game is because of your ass." I chuckled.

"Admitted." She nodded.

"Three: Mario Karts." I looked over at her, making a turn on the street.

"Here you go again." She said dropping her arm down onto her leg.

"Four: Dig Dug."

"Dig Dug? HELL NO, Donald!" She said laughing. "That's you and you a whole lie and a half for that."

"Who name is at the top of the board? Whose? I'll wait on it. We got ALL day." I told her.

"We don't need all day. Right at the top stands and TALL are MY initials, homie. Don't play. I'm not a gamer and I know what I'm not good at, but lying is wrong."

I nodded. "A'ight. We gon' see tonight."

"Well, then okay. Speaking of ass..."

"Where you goin' with this?" I said looking at the road. "I hope it ain't about my ass. The answer is still no."

"Do you think it smells like ass in hell? I mean, think about it... They aren't burning to the bone, just flesh, and the temperature is high, so it gotta smell like booty." She turned to me. "What do you think?"