Chapter 53: Keep it Professional

Please excuse ANY errors.

February 16, 1999

~DeVanté's P.O.V~

I turned around. "You sure that you don't mind gettin' that dirty?" I asked my fiancée for clarification.

"I don't mind which is why I have it on. Duhhh... Do you see what I have on? I'm looking a little bummy," she chuckled. "I don't leave the house like this unless I'm sick or extremely tired."

"You just be sayin' anything," I shook my head at her. "Those are just regular ass clothes. Let's roll for real this time then."

This woman is wearing a fitted tracksuit and gym shoes. To me, it's regular clothing, but for her, it isn't because she dresses up all of the time. I noticed that when we made up some years back, she was dressing more maturely. Sexy, but mature. It's extremely hard to find physical gifts for Tia, but she for sure enjoys places, so that's probably what I'll do from now on for the most part. I'll still give her physical gifts, of course, but people should be gifted with things they enjoy.

"The Butterfly? Uh-uh, that's old. Let me see the Tootsee Roll," Tia sang while doing the tootie roll dance as we walked out of the door. She isn't even doing it correctly. "Dip baby, dip." Still doing the tootsie roll and walking, she started dipping.

"Oh, my God," I closed my eyes, laughing.

"Now slide. Slide. Slide. Slide," I opened my eyes again, to see her looking at me, walking backward, while moving her shoulders from left to right and bouncing her eyebrows. "Butterfly. Butterfly," she said as she was doing the funky chicken.

"Uh, I'm pretty sure that's the funky chicken. The butterfly is like the tootsie roll inside out," I told her, laughing. "Then you making up your own damn lyrics and shit," I laughed even harder.

"Don't you think I know that," she said dancing in my face. "I'm a lyricist. My last name is about to change to DeGrate who are some of the best lyricists."

"Shit... The way you goin' about it tells me otherwise," I said laughing. "If I write like that, I'd be broke."

"DAMN!" Jax said laughing hard.

"I'm embarrassed," Creed said laughing.

"I ain't. This shit is funny," I replied.

"Embarrassed for me or him?" Tia asked Creed while dancing.

"Both."

"Don't hate. Between me and Michael Jackson, we know who the best dancer is," Tia told him with a smirk.

"Babe, we know for damn sure it ain't YOU," I told her, then busted out laughing.

"Oooh, that cold DeGrate!" Tia wagged her finger at me and I opened the car door.

"Not against no damn Michael Jackson!" My eyes began to water from how much I've been laughing. "Against Masir? Maybe."

Tia gasped, "Masir? And you said maybe!?" Her voice squeaked out, then she started cracking up laughing.

"I said what I said," I shrugged and she sat down in the passenger seat.