Chapter 45: Earn Your Title

Please excuse ANY errors.

January 4, 1999

~Tia's P.O.V~

"You're trying to give me your cooties at this point," I said pushing him away, laughing.

"Just childish," Donald shook his head with a small chuckle. "You can't be serious."

"Babe, I'm so serious," I replied. "Your nose is leaking," He sucked his snot back up his nostrils and my mouth dropped. "Dude, that's nasty," I said disgustedly.

"Listen-"

"There's nothing more to it. I heard it go into your throat. You're going to make your throat sore doing that, babe. Seriously. Just blow it next time," I then kissed him on his cheek.

"Babe, you really gon' do me like that?" He asked me. "I would kiss you no matter what though," he replied.

"We are similar, but not the same," I finished speaking as my phone rang. "What if it was herpes? Would you still kiss me no matter what?"

"That's different and you know it. You go to the extreme. You know that, right?" He pointed to me, laughing. "Besides, these are mostly your niece, nephew, and baby brother-in-law's germs. Those snotty-nosed kids passed this to me."

"I'm aware of many things," I nodded with a chuckle, then answered my phone without looking at the caller. There aren't too many people that call my personal phone. "Hello?" I answered my cell phone.

"This Tia?" I heard a male voice ask.

"Who's asking?" I squinted at Donald.

"Who's that?" Donald mouthed to me before coming closer to listen.

"Who's this?" The person chuckled, "it's yo dad."

"I'm sorry, but you have the wrong number," I said hanging up the phone.

"Who was it?" Donald asked me aloud this time.

"I don't know. Someone playing on my line. I'm going to need to change my number. I've had it for a while," I replied.

"Please, because your ex called the other day. I've been meaning to tell you that," Donald replied. "It slipped my mind, so I forgot."

"My ex?" I asked him. "Who?"

"Don't act like you got a handful. There are only two and I'm referring to the most recent one. Kung Fu Panda is his name," he replied.

"I don't recall being with someone by that name Don-" I didn't finish and he gave me a look.

"You know who," he squinted at me. "It ain't like you been with a lot of people."

"Says who?" I put all of my weight on my left leg.

"That nigga called your phone talkin' about some, "is it true?" His ass spoke before I could say anything. Maybe it was him?" He hinted.

"Donald, I know that man's voice and that's not it. The voice on the phone today was unfamiliar," I replied.

"Yeah, and I know it too. Immediately knew who it was. Pissed me off to hear his voice," Donald shook his head.