Chapter 14: The Cut Off

Please excuse ANY errors.

December 7, 1998

~Tia's P.O.V~

Donald and I pulled up to Yasir's Airbnb.

"I ain't gon' even front, I gotta take a long piss," Donald said putting the car in park.

"A long one?" I raised my eyebrows. "How long have you been holding it?"

"Shit... About- since before we left the crib."

"And you had the nerve to be rushing me?" I questioned.

"That's why I held it, I was rushing you and by the time you were ready, I said forget it." He waved his hand off at me.

"You could've taken a leak. I would've waited for you. I do;t mind waiting. You wait for me all the time."

"Not just that because I knew you would've. I ain't want to wait even longer either. You already took so damn long." He said reaching for his handle.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Wait, let me call this man first," I said taking out my cellular device, then dialing Yasir's number.

"You just love rollin' them eyeballs at me, don't you?" Donald asked me and I ignored him.

Yasir picked up and I spoke into the phone. "I'm outside," I told him.

"You comin' in or open the door?" Yasir asked me.

"We comin' in. This dude gotta take a leak." I replied.

"DeVanté came too, huh?" Yasir questioned.

I saw the main door open. "Yeah, bye." I hung up. "You comin' in to pee or what?"

"You comin' straight out, right?" He asked me. "I'm not tryna get into it with yo brother."

"No, I'm staying in there for a little while. I wanna see my niece and nephew. Don't you gotta use the toilet?" I raised a brow.

"Yeah, but I'm a whole ass man. I can piss anywhere, but since you stayin' for a while, I guess I'll go in."

I looked at DeVanté who looked as if he was doing the Tootsee Roll dance. I then saw the main door/front door open. "Yeah, bye." I hung up. "The butterfly, uh-oh, that's old, let me see that Tootsee Roll!" I sang.

"Don't make me laugh!" His legs sped up, trying to hold back his laughter. He hopped out of the car. "I gotta piss!"

I opened my door but stopped myself from exiting after coming to the realization that this guy just left the keys in the ignition. I took them out, then turned around and screamed aloud upon seeing Donald with his head poked in the car, staring at me wide-eyed.

"MY GOD!" I shook my head. "What the HELL are you doing?"

His head turned downwards as laughter shot from the depths of his throat. "The look on-" He said holding his stomach. He moved back, removing his head from the car, and shaking his head. Donald all of the sudden became serious. "Seriously, don't touch the door." He said pointing to it, then grabbing my hand.