Chapter 54: Another Familiar Face

Please excuse any errors.

February 16, 1999

~Tia's P.O.V~

"Imma go get us some drinks. Water for you, right?" Donald spoke directly in my ear because the venue is loud.

"Yes, sir," I nodded. "Thank you."

Donald left me with Jax. Creed walked away with Donald. The show has yet to begin. We actually arrived early because we wanted to avoid as many people as possible. Although, there is old-school music playing on the speakers, it just isn't at a high volume.

"You excited?" Jax asked, smiling at me.

"Yes," I spoke while grinning ear to ear.

"Figures. You listen to this nigga all the damn time," Jax chuckled. "I knew you would be when De mentioned it to me. Front row, center seats? C'mon, that man be on his shit."

"Donald?"

"Yeah. Who else?" Jax replied.

"When you speak about two people, Donald and Luther in one statement, it's hard to tell whom you're referring to, Jax," I bat my eyelashes.

"A'ight, smart Allec," he laughed. "You right, though. Damn! You old as shit!"

I'm trying to hold back my laughter, but I combusted into a fit of giggles. I don't want to laugh loudly.

"And how old are you?" I asked him.

"Eighteen," Jax winked.

"You look young for your age, but you CAN'T pass for eighteen, Jax. Impossible. I'll believe you're eighteen when my twenty-first birthday rolls back around."

"Damn? I don't know how to feel about that. Am I offended?" Jax asked himself out loud.

"Those weren't my intentions. Just the truth," I replied.

"Damn!" He shouted. "Psych nah. I feel what you mean. You look nice by the way," Jax complimented.

"Why, thank you," I smiled with my mouth closed. "It's my birthday, so I had to go all out."

"Well at least you ain't givin' me anxiety by jumpin' off planes and whatnot, but that's because you gave him full control of your birthday. Thank GOD!" Jax said laughing.

"Listen, that was a one-time thing. I'm never skydiving again, Jax," I slowly shook my head at him.

"Please don't. You scared the hell out of me. I prayed though," he told me.

"Trust and believe that I did too. Before, during, and afterward MULTIPLE times during each phase," I chuckled. "It definitely was an experience. Believe it or not, while I was falling through the air, there was a few seconds of calmness. You should try it."

"Nah, I'm GOOD," Jax emphasized. "Black people don't do that shit."

"Then what color am I?" I smiled.