Chapter 50: A Lesson Learned

Please excuse ANY errors.

February 15, 1999

~Tia's P.O.V~

"Well good afternoon to you," I chuckled looking up at Donald who came outside and is now standing beside my seat.

That man has been asleep for a while. I was too because I was extremely sleepy, but I've been fighting it for many reasons. Either way, I still woke up about an hour and thirty minutes earlier than Donald. He kissed my cheek.

"It's noon?" He spoke in his even deeper, morning voice.

"Donald, it's ACTUALLY past noon," I told him. "it's probably around two p.m.," I chuckled.

"Well, good evening to you too," he chuckled, scratching his head through his durag, then sat next to me on the porch swing with his arm on the backrest directly behind me.

We're outside where we ate dinner last night, except we're on a porch swing. It's a beautiful place to watch the ocean view. Although, the balcony in the bedroom is slightly better because we can see everything more. He has on his robe because we're here the coldest month of the year and it's chilly for him. The temperature last night was 65°F with a cool breeze, but according to the weather channel, it should be a good 60°F at the moment. That's hot to me.

"How'd you sleep?" I inquired, looking out at the ocean.

"Mm, I mean, I woke up this late, so you know that I slept VERY well," he explained, putting emphasis on his words. "You?"

"I slept alright," I replied, drinking some iced water.

"Sounds like it could've been better?" He asked me.

"It's a new environment and I have to adjust before getting comfortable. The first night is always tough. Maybe tonight," I replied with a small nod. I brought my legs up to the seat of the swing, now sitting criss-crossed.

The swinging is now being solely left up to Donald and his long legs. Then his head jerked my way. I put my feet on the swing with my knees pointed up.

"I'm surprised that you're sitting out here with nothing playing in the background. With you, it's music all day and every day.

"The sound of the ocean is beautiful," I responded. "It's earth's natural music."

"True that," he agreed with a slight nod. "It's shit like this that makes me appreciate my current life even more. I mean, the fact that we're able to travel to different places and see some of the most beautiful, and sometimes even basic views make me appreciate life. EVEN THOUGH, I could've taken you somewhere different like I wanted to," he chuckled, somewhat joking. "This is beautifully basic, but we're still very fortunate."

I silently nodded, carefully listening to his words.

"But I get it and I understand you," Donald added.

We sat there for a while just listening to nature's music, and then Donald stood up.

"I'm not gon' lie, but I'm starvin'. I'm about to make myself another plate. You want me to bring you out something?' He asked me.