Chapter 52: You're Onto Something

Please excuse ANY errors.

February 16, 1999

~Tia's P.O.V~

Hearing the slight creek of the door and floors woke me up. The room is pitch black, but the tall stature of the silhouette matches Donald, so I'm not alarmed. With that being said, I closed my eyes again. The bed sunk near my feet and the covers were slightly lifted and so were my legs. Donald's hands began massaging my feet, but I'm extremely ticklish and the way he's touching my feet is making me laugh and sit up.

"I'm not even trying to tickle you," Donald chuckled, stopping.

"I know," I sat up, turning on the light, but closed my eyes once it was on because it was hurting my eyes.

"Happy Birthday, beautiful," he told me. "And good morning."

"Thank you," I smiled, squinting my eyes. "What time is it?"

"Almost four in the morning," he said still smiling. "I'm sure you're well rested."

"I am. You never came to bed, did you?"

"No, I did. I just didn't sleep in here. You're easy to wake up and I didn't want to interrupt that, so I didn't sleep with you," he replied. "How does it feel to be 27? You're officially in your late 20s?"

"Blessed. It's a blessing that I made it this far. I made it and I'm still looking forward to the rest of my life," I chuckled as he began massaging my feet in a way that didn't tickle me. "I haven't had that much sleep since- whew... I don't even know. I feel drunk or something."

"Your ass wouldn't even know what that feels like. This ain't no drunk, love. Drunk is a whole other type of feeling," he chuckled.

I pulled my feet back, then sat on his lap in a straddling position. I grabbed his face, pecked his lips, then nuzzled my face into his neck. He wrapped his arms around my body, and we sat there in silence for a few minutes. Donald decided to break the silence.

"Well, now that you're awake, let's make our way downstairs," he stood up with me hoisted in his arms.

"Okay, but first, let me use the bathroom. My bladder is extremely full," I spoke, letting one leg down at a time. "I don't need to get dressed yet, do I?" I asked him.

"Nah, not right now," he chuckled. "Go ahead and empty yourself, ya man will be right here waitin'," he jerked his head towards the bathroom. "You ain't even got to brush your teeth yet. Not that I smell anything. Thank the heavens above for that one!"

Walking off to the bathroom, laughing, I held up my middle finger at him. I did my business, washed my hands, and walked back into the bedroom where Donald was standing with his hands behind his back. He handed me my robe which I put on and tied it.

"Come," he held out his hand. "Let me lead the way."

I grabbed it and he pulled me close to him and picked me up, bridal style. I wrapped my arms around his neck for balance.

"I thought you said lead?"

"I'm still leading. I AM doin' the walkin', ain't I?" He chuckled with his question.