Chapter 48: Hot and Bothered

Please excuse ANY errors.

February 14, 1999

~DeVanté's P.O.V~

We entered the car that is now decorated with her Valentine's gifts, flowers, and balloons. It's not too much, but it's something. Almost the entire day has been about work and it's past eight o'clock at night and we haven't celebrated our first Valentine's Day together. I didn't even wake her up with flowers or anything. Tia likes gifts just as the next person, but she appreciates these types of things more.

"Oh, my God," Tia said scooting over in the seat. "This is beautiful!" Tia said looking shocked.

I sat on the opposite side, across from her and the door closed. "You like it?"

"I do," she spoke full of excitement. "I thought we were ending our night."

"Happy Valentine's Day," I picked up the large bouquet.

"These are humongous. Larger than my head," she said about to pick them up, but I pulled them away.

"Wait. Wait. Wait." I chuckled. "This is corny, but will you be my Valentine?"

"Oh, my God. I thought you'd never ask!" She threw herself over my lap, kissing all over my face, playfully.

Tickled, I grabbed the back of her head, stopping her. "Stop with the theatrics, love." I laughed so loud. "Damn."

She removed herself from my lap, fixing her dress on the seat across from me. I then handed her the flowers. "These are huge! Heavy too," Tia sat them on the seat, then sat beside me. Tia wrapped her arms around my neck, hugging me with her face in my neck. "Thank you, Donald!"

I wrapped my arms around her. "You're welcome, but you didn't even open anything," I chuckled.

"Still," she smiled, pulling her face out of my neck. "Thanks."

"Damn, Tia, I'm really proud of you. You know what's crazy?" I cocked my head to the side, looking at her.

"What?" She looked up at me.

"I watched you from the beginning of your career and now you're here accomplishing so much in and outside of your professions. We met after you finished with your second film at nineteen." I picked up her trophies, inspecting them. "It's like watching a butterfly break from its cocoon or a seed sprouting into a flower. Not even just career-wise, but also as an individual. I'm astonished to see you here and to have front-row tickets to it all. I'm glad to be experiencing all the different aspects of your life with you," I told her.

"It's literally the same thing with you, I'm sorry, but I'm just not as poetic as you are," Tia chuckled. "But we're getting married. We have the rest of our lives to look forward to seeing. Thank you for your kind words and THIS," she gestured around us. "It's all beautiful."

Rolling down the partition, Apollo handed me the large cupcake I had made for Tia. Inside of the container on the plastic congratulations, because the word is too big to fit on the cupcake. I handed it to my fiancée.

"Congratulations, I knew you were going to win, BUT I did have another one for a just-in-case moment," I revealed to her, being honest.