Chapter 26: You Sound Stupid

Please excuse ANY errors.

December 26, 1998

~Daryl's P.O.V~

"Ion know, I just don't like that nigga." Yasir spoke shaking his head.

"You keep sayin' the same shit without sayin' shit. Why?" I questioned.

"He meddles too much in our family business as if he family." Yasir finally came up with an answer.

"Mm... And what family business was that?" I followed up with another question.

"Just family stuff."

"Nigga, you gon' answer the question fully or not? You continuously do that shit not knowin' how guilty it make you look." I shook my head at him.

"I'm not. It's just somethin' that happened between us earlier this month. He butted in makin' sh- stuff more hectic than it was. Instigating. It's like she took his side too as if I was in the wrong. Now she mad at me and ain't talked to me since. You see she ain't even give me shit for Christmas?" He asked me.

I eyed him. "She said she gave you money."

"That was BEFORE Christmas. That don't even count. It feel like I ain't get shit from her, but I gave her somethin'. All that money she got and she listenin' to DeVanté and bein' stingy. Just don't make sense." Yasir shook his head.

"How much?"

Yasir's face scrunched up. "How much what?"

"How much money it was that she gave you?" I asked.

"It don't matter."

"It is determined by the court of law that you are GUILTY. You sound like it and everything. You don't want to say the amount because it was a lot and you don't want to tell me what y'all was arguin' about because it was probably somethin' you started. Tia bein' Tia, she probably sat quiet and he defended her. Sounds about right?" I raised my eyebrow.

"WRONG. She got in my a- she got on me this time. SURPRISINGLY. I didn't even do anything to nobody, but we- she had a screaming match while I just kept calm like always because she's too damn sensitive. Then her dude kept saying slick stuff to me up until they left my crib. Tia ain't as much of a sweetheart as you paint her out to be either. That girl got some pent-up anger in her. She is mentally ill."

"All the shit you been doin' all over the years? I would be too if I was her. And you expect ME to believe YOU kept calm? Especially "

"But you ain't. You ain't her. You are you for a reason. Plus, all I didn't was help her. I was always there to protect her when she needed it. I was there when she first landed in NYC, tryna figure out what her problem was all these years when she was on that weird ass suicidal talk, I was one of the first people she told about that shit our cousin did. I was her ear, then when them niggas put her in the hospital..."

Yasir was a lazy bum and his mother allowed him to have a bum fest all the damn time. All he did was eat, sleep, shit, talk on the phone, and sneak to neighbors' houses to sleep around. Let me not forget his gambling problem. With that being said, I had to make him get up and go to New York. He was so hyped about going there for the first time, talking about the women, parties, and all the other shit with his compadres. When the day did come, he complained about how tired he was and how he didn't even wanna go to New York.