Chapter 41: A Reality Check

Please excuse ANY errors.

January 1, 1999

~Tia's P.O.V~

Donald and I woke up in the middle of the day because we were up all night and day, even when we arrived at our hotel. Donald is still in a deep sleep, calling hogs in my ear, but he's not loud. He's right up against my back with his hands wrapped around me. I moved, causing him to move onto his back, and his snoring became louder. I rotated my shoulders because they're aching, and so is my back. I'm also hot.

Turning over, I flipped the covers off my body to see Donald sleeping with his mouth slightly agape. I moved the covers up to his neck because this time, Donald opened the window and it's chilly in here, at least for him. Having your neck exposed when it's cold will make a person sick and my man was already coughing yesterday.

Laying on my back, I held my finger up because I slept with my ring on. It's so beautiful! I was suspicious throughout the day, but I definitely wasn't expecting Donald to propose, especially this early, but here we are... It was so beautiful! Now standing on my knees, I leaned down to kiss Donald's lips. His lips moved, but he remained asleep. I need to close the window. I was only able to pull away slightly before my hand was grabbed and I was flipped onto my back. Donald relaxed right between my legs.

"Good mornin'," he spoke.

"Good morning," I replied.

"Thought I was asleep?" Donald asked staring down at me, holding my hand against the bed.

"For sure," I replied.

"You thought wrong," he said licking his lips.

I grabbed his chin, leaning up and getting lost in our deep kiss. Donald pulled away breathlessly, staring down at me with his forehead resting against mines.

"As much as I like this, I have to use the bathroom," I broke the silence.

Donald rolled over onto his back, the opposite side where he sleeps. This is a large bed. "A'ight," he replied.

I went over to the side he sleeps on so I could close the window first, then walked to the bathroom. I turned the radio on, then used the toilet. When the toilet flushed, Donald walked in.

"I don't get any privacy?" I asked him, washing my hands.

"You left the bathroom door wide open as always. I have to pee too," he said now urinating in the toilet and leaning on the walk behind the toilet. "I ain't got no privacy because you standing right here."

"You came in here," I put my ring back on. "How are you able to pee in front of me all of a sudden? I thought you were shy?" I spoke grabbing my toothbrush out of its container.

"Mm-mm," he shrugged. "It disappeared or somethin'." He shook and then wipe himself with a wipe. "Damn, you're watching me like a hawk. Horny ass."

"Horny?" I looked up at him after I put the toothpaste on my toothbrush, rolling my eyes. "Who? Are you referring to yourself?"

"Listen, I'm a man and I JUST woke up from a long sleep. It's gon' take a while."

"Man, same difference," I then began brushing my teeth.