Chapter 6

Azir, Erdstrum Hospital,

Country of Fhorn

A week had since passed since the emergency, Katherine with her day off decided to visit her family in the slums, the place where I met her. It might be a little lonely without her and the other doctors around but I decided to stay, don't really have anything or anyone to spend the day with, do I?

"Oh thank you, little doctor, you know you don't have to." The aged woman on the bed tried picking herself up with a crane but to no avail, in a swift action, I rejected her action, resting her back on her bed.

"No need ma'am, it's only a day off and while there's no emergency around, I can help with the floras," the flowers were wilting due to the lack of sunrise, poor little flowers.

"You're too kind little doctor," the old lady turned her gaze upon the white flower, "Too bad the little flower can't make it, as a gardener myself, watching the flower wilt from day to day is disheartening. This grandma lifted a gun before you know!" she raised her voice in a threatening tone, "But alas, those days went by quick and so did my husband." I can't help but feel sympathy, growing all too weak, her family rushed her to the hospital wherein one will be ought to be saved, but from her point of view, I'm sure, that this is more of a life-in-prison experience for her.

"Oh don't feel bad, little doctor, I don't regret anything at all, there are better things in life after death and... who knows, maybe I'll meet him once again. Thinking of it like that, I can't wait to pass on." She giggled as she motioned me closer, beckoning the seat next to her bedside, as I prompted myself seated, she held my hand to hers. Her eyes went soft as she shifted it onto our arms, lifting it slowly as if fragile,

"You seem tired, little doctor, why not rest? For all the time I've been in this hospital, I heard you, but your voice was tired," am I tired? many words tickled my tongue as if they'll burst, but only little words came out,

"Thank you, ma'am." With a quick thought, I took the peace lily given by one of the new recruits in the hospital, I don't know much about flora, but he said it represents peace and love, he taught me that flowers have meaning which intrigued me to listen for an hour. I placed the lily by the windowsill and with the motion of my wrist, light soon shone, the light that once ignited a deserted land, as if blessed by a god himself, the sunlight grew in volume out of the window highlighting myself and the plant, and with a few seconds pass, the light grew back the same.

"Here you go ma'am, now your lily will never wilt again." Giving her the blessed plant, I soon started making my way out of the door, and with a last appearance. I bid her farewell. Having a peaceful day in the hospital is rather a miracle as it's only the day for us to fear, trauma, or any negative memories that left us scarred in our memories. However, one day is not enough and doctors are supposedly good at just doing things and moving on whatever the results may be. But we're only humans, or in my case, hybrids, hehe. But I can say, feelings are what makes us, us, so it doesn't feel wrong to be hurt as it represents that we're alive.

"Now what will I do next?" Once again, I rested my elbow at the nearest window viewing the outside scenery. Erdsturm Hospital, a place for those who are cursed, ill, and anything that concerns health, may it be humans, hybrids, or monsters. This is my home, but somehow, I feel something is missing, like the last piece of the puzzle that can't be found. Grasping my chest, it somehow ached, and I know deep inside the source of this case. I wonder if he's alright.

A loud shout came from the counter caught my attention shouting, "Page all doctors and available staff, anyone! anyone that is on hand, no time to explain- "the exhausted man who seemed to be a soldier due to his uniform panting in his breath was terrified, his voice shaking in fear.

"But s-sir, most doctors are not present and available." The stutters indicate the influence of fear the rushing soldier feels.

"What's going on here?" coming up to the view, this seemed like no normal emergency but something more sinister.

"Are you a doctor!?" the German shepherd hybrid turned to my attention, bending one two knees as he pleaded with his ears down. "We need your help, please... my friends," this sight is common but each situation tells a different story and a different type of pain, but his pleas are enough for my instincts to be wild.

"Young man, tell me what's the cause of your emergency? Where are the ones in need?" a phone call buzzed through the man's waist pockets bringing out a radio, he picked up with shaky hands. "General, there's only one doctor in the present, sending him to the location now..." his voice turned into a whisper as his hands dropped to the floor, dropping the radio along with, a soldier's tears are genuine, no matter what. "There is no hope" he repeatedly whispered to himself.

"They will arrive soon, please, save my friends, my captains, I beg..." his voice dissipated in a sob as he grabbed onto my coat, almost revealing my top. I snatched the fabric back in place.

"There, there sir, I'll do anything, so please, I need you to believe in us for us to do so, chins up sir, a soldier's tears are saved to who you only want to be revealed vulnerable, save those tears for them." With one finger raising his chin to my viewpoint, I mustered a smile of encouragement. Tears fell down as his voice went hoarse from crying and with a whisper and broken sobs he whispered, thank you.

"Peace lilies, a flower known for its representation of peace and purity; a tropical, evergreen plant dappled in sunlight with consistent moisture and humidity."