Chapter 53

The first light of day started across the horizon, engulfing the mountain of its burning return, highlighting the banners on the battlefield, highlighting the soldier's eyes that are determined with virtue, country, and love. And on the other side of the distant mountain was the harbinger of chaos, Bel'Veth as she took out some high blessed to make them her own army, and amongst them is the familiar Renekton. Bel'Veth raise her right arm then, in her command all the troops started to engage as the trumpets horned.

The air interdiction rushed into flight casting a beam of explosions and reducing the amount of crawlers significantly, but the foes had magic too covering their troops sourcing from enlightened priests in the background chanting. Hera, Tane, and Ryder commanded each of their own troops to all advance forward, Nasus gave order to his own battalion to remain to protect their fortress for if they needed immediate rescue nor inventory will it always be available, and thus, Nasus himself will guard the Emperor of the sands. Rain of magic was cast down upon the foes as they strategically formed a wall, combining their arts to create a shield absorbing the damage, as the distance finally closed between the two so did the metal strike, creating a clinking sound. Azir in the backline, created his own lifeless army with spears and shields as he commanded them onwards whilst having a view of the field.

Renekton had found his target as he dashed through the allied troops in one clean and swift manner, cleaving his crescent axe in each one standing in his way. As he was about to jump from below the peak, Nasus broke his recoil as he landed high above where Azir was last seen. Renekton snarled his teeth before he leaped to his brother instead and in a clash of both axes, Nasus blocked his brother's cleave with the handle of his axe but the crocodile pushed through sheer force. Nasus bent his right elbow downward making his axe form a swift circle, but he knew of his brother's trick as he leaped back, dodging the attack.

"May you be my brother by blood, but to turn your axe to the one you protect means you yourself pointing that axe to me, and if I may be given a choice, so must it be." Renekton grit his teeth as he gripped his weapon tightly.

Crawlers and voidlings still rise from the created craters on the ground rising a threatening amount, with more power and determination, the Einherjar Battlefront hack their weapons and magic into their foes mercilessly. Hearing a cry of siren caught their side as they look above them, a battleship started to drop its own airstrike, one that could destroy mountains and kill a town due to its horsepower, as each bomb made its way nearer and nearer, dropping to their knees as they watch their end.

"Heavens Aegis!" a loud voice called out, in a mere second, the battlefield was covered in a bubble preventing the damages from penetrating through.

"Confidence is an act, now make a hell of a performance!" Tane stood holding a banner in his hand as he shouted in full confidence and then pushed through. With the new encouragement they felt determined, realizing that they were pathetic and embarrassing in a way. Raising their weapons once more, the battle cry was loud and free. Tane had run deep inside the enemy forces solo, cleaving both of his axes with precision and strength. Ryder, residing in the shadows then appeared, leaving a clean cut before they knew it. They all felt confident in their abilities as they stood each of their ground. Atlas flinched as he paused his buff casting on his allies as he felt an unusual and ominous aura.

"Hera cast your aegis once more-" before the telepathic message can be deciphered, meteors started to fall from above, but before Hera cast her magic in the nick of time, a giant spear sniped straight in her direction. Atlas, huffing, and puffing, used his magic to stop the impact and yet failed, although the spear was weakened, yet penetrated through Atlas and Hera suffered a bit of an impact. With Hera disrupted, the meteors soon started impacting their amount.

"Hera!" Tane saw the impact. He was outnumbered, preventing his retreat, among the mutated crawlers appeared a berserker and an officer who seemed out of this world. Tane was going to engage, the berserker out speeding him as he was stunned, the officer, in a blink of an eye, has his sword already ready in a mere inch from Tane's throat, he paused in position.

Ryder appeared behind the enemy digging his twin blade in only to be deflected, barely scratching or laying any sign of damage, the giant armoured executioner raised his mace once more as Ruder rolled side to side successfully avoiding the collision, but the cluster created under grew a vine of thorns as it started to launch in his direction, following each and every movement he makes. He dodged one and soon came another thorn, but Ryder was outmaneuvered, one vine of thorn took hold of his feet causing his escape to fall down, and finally, circled in metal thorn. But as all hopes were lost for the reptile, a blue barrier appeared on Ryder halting the compressing metal thorns, then like a bubble that grew bigger, the barrier exploded ejecting the thorns in random directions as it was shattered into pieces. In front of Ryder, was the eye of twilight in the flesh.

"Eye of Twilight, Shen, aiding the Desist War. Little one, lend me your aid against this vexed foe." Shen held out a hand as Ryder beamed, grabbing hold as he readied himself once more. In metal, thorns, and blades, they clash once more.

In a crowd, a low grumble ran past the crawlers and foes alike, with each fist the monsters were powered back as a familiar Vastayan shouted in a battle cry rampaging all around, taking in the berserker in a hold leading him in an airborne before smashing him brutally to the ground, but he was not done, the earthquake caused by his foes impact earned Tane the chance to recover, and in one thunderclap, the Vastayan cleared one more wave of direction in a battlefield as he smirked to the Taurus.

"Never look above, instead, look below them. Now let's teach 'em their places shall we?" Sett cracked his fists and so did Tane crack a neck, the rocks crumbled in each of their steps.