Chapter 16

[Erdstrum Hospital,

Azir's room, 19:11]

"Hey buddy... hope we're not disturbing anything?" Ryder whispered, lowering his tone at the end of his sentence,

"We're jus' checkin' in on ya and the doc." Tane added, "But looks like he still sleepin'."

"We'll come back later when the doctor's woken up." Atlas grabbed the rest of the gang and with a sly wave, the doors closed shut.

"What the heck was that?" Ryder was gobsmacked as he said the words infused with a confused tone, or rather shock. "Y'all saw that too right? The light, the scene, the everything? It was like a dream and moreover, have y'all ever seen Nasus so vulnerable and soft!?" Ryder said leaving no chance for breathing in his breath.

"... I think we all did, Ryder..." Hera replied mirroring the same emotions as the little lizard.

"I- I think it's best we give them space for now, I don't want to wake up Azir after rescuing all of you in the grasp of death." Katherine walked down the hallway, heading for the hallway also processing that seeing that thing was too much for an early morning. "Follow me if you're hungry, the cafeteria food is great even without Azir working there." The rest of the group followed suit, contemplating what to feel about what they'd seen. All followed except Tane who requested to lag behind a bit and take a breather on top of the roof. As Katherine registered all of the captains to have any access available, soon the rest of the group went down the roots as Tane watched them go down. He then knocked on a familiar door.

[Tane]

"Uh- hold on Katherine, just changing the bandage- AH!" the sound of a crash was heard behind the door, he must've fell. It soon came to the realization that the door knob wasn't locked, not that privacy seemed to be careful in this place, *ehem* Katherine, might as well just take a peek. Opening the door slightly, Archie seemed to be tied down to the floor with bandages wrapping around his body like a prey caught in a spider web.

"Uh... big fella? Mind helping me out?" Archie asked oh so innocently, embarrassed at the matter as he awkwardly chuckled, heh. I leaned on the door frame giving him a smug look.

"Spiders who are known to catch prey in their own webs get tangled in a... bandage? Kinda ironic huh?" Tane laughed wholeheartedly as it resonated inside the room. The room had similar aspects to the doctor's room, flat borders of elderwood – Katherine said - as flooring with a giant tree bark passing through acting as a space to hang, and the window decorated in tribal design, one that seemed to be different from what Taurus clan would use.

"Oh come on, even spiders get caught in a web once or twice in a day." Archie chuckled,

"Alright, alright, I'll help, I'll do yer bandages too." I closed the door shut, helping the tangled man with his problem... how did it even end up tying his legs together. After the predicament, he sat on his bed as I took out a fresh new bandage in his drawer. Then slowly and trying to be gentle, started wrapping around his wounds.

"So uh, why did you go to my room?" Archie faced me as I faced him, his simple facial gesture was too adorable to even be normal.

"Jes' wanna hang out ya know?" My gaze was stuck on his wounds, there on his right stomach left a huge scar, what a painful memory must this be to see every time. I pity him.

"So Katherine told you huh?" I snapped back to reality immediately waving my hands of disapproval, he only chuckled. "It's okay, it's in the past you know? I need to move on at least." He said grinning. "I- wasn't the strongest, the wisest, and the smartest in any of my tribe, I was more fond of foraging and cooking you know? I work as a bartender and even as a waiter whenever my dads and uncles get back home after hunting. It was a peaceful tribe hidden away from the world... at least we all thought so." Behind the lines that make him look like he's always smiling, even an alcoholic person like me can see through it all, and he's recalling all that's happened as we speak. It must be painful. As I did know it is painful. "Hehe, sorry for being a blabber mouth." As I finished wrapping up his bandages, it was my time to strike up a conversation, and possibly, get him to open up.