One

"So I met this girl." Niall and I immediately started ooooing like teenage girls. Liam shook his head and laughed. It was lunch time on a Monday and as Liam was pouring ketchup he broke the news about where he had been that Sunday.

All of us had gotten together for another movie day but Liam said he couldn't go without explaining why. He told Niall and I he would explain later. So when Niall brought it up I was pleasantly surprised. I knew Liam had been with girls before but never long term.

"Don't get too excited yet." He said, rolling his eyes at us.

"Too late. I've reached my tipping point of excited." I said with a wide smile. Liam laughed. "So where'd you meet her?"

"At the party you ditched me at." I chocked on my food while Niall looked on confused.

"Were you guys at my frat party?" He asks, stabbing his fork into his food.

"Yeah, didn't Liam go to find you?" Niall shook his head.

"He might not have looked very hard." He replies with a laugh. Liam smiles.

"Well I met the girl before I found you, so..." Liam shrugs and I shove his shoulder a little.

"Okay then, come on. Spill it. I bet she's great." I said happily, spinning my fork around in my salad before stabbing a piece of lettuce and putting it in my mouth. "What's her name?" I asked. Liam smiled.

"Kira." I nodded my head side to side.

"That's a beautiful name but come on, I'm not getting a visual here." Liam rolled his eyes at Niall.

"Well she has dark hair it was pinned back the other day and she.. Shit.." He mumbled. I looked up at him to find him wide eyed and staring behind us at something. Niall and I turned to look. Over by the line was a beautiful looking girl with dark hair. From what I could see, she had bright green eyes and a captivating smile.

"That's her isn't it." Liam had slumped down in his seat as I said this, like he wanted to hide. "What? You don't want her to see you with us or you don't want us to meet her."

"Yes." Was all Liam said in response but Niall was already moving to get up. Knowing him, he would have gone and harassed her and got her to abandon her friends to sit with us. I grabbed the hem of his shirt and pulled him back down into his seat.

"Oh no you don't Niall. Come on, leave Liam's potential girlfriend alone." I said getting a tight grip on his arms he began to complain.

"Too late, she's seen me." Liam murmured waving at her behind us. "Shit she's coming over. Please be cool guys." He begged us.

"Cool is my middle name." Niall replied, pointing at himself. I rolled my eyes.

"You wish Niall." Liam laughed nervously with me after I had said this.

"Hey Liam!" Came a very, very chipper voice. I looked up at Kira. She had appeared stunning and lovely from a distance but up close she looked deceitful and mischievous. She glanced at me sideways with a look so full of hatred, I'm sure my jaw dropped. This girl? Liam liked this girl? I hoped I was over imagining things or just being protective but her body language, the way she specifically had her body angled away from Niall and I was something I couldn't miss.

"Hi Kira." Liam said, giving her his signature golden smile. She giggled. She actually giggled.

"These are your friends right? You're Niall." She said, turning to him and completely ignoring me.

"And this is Emma." Liam said, acknowledging me. I smiled up at her.

"Nice to meet you."

"Likewise." She replied curtly. "So Liam, we still on for tomorrow?" She asked.