And the Winner Is...

"There he is." Louis said quietly as a young cop escorted our friend out from the door that led to the cells. We stood up and Key stopped fidgeting nervously as Niall waved at us.

"Idiot." I muttered under my breath as Niall smiled like he hadn't just been in jail. Louis laughed, the sound made me smile as Niall jogged up to us. Key immediately wrapped his arms around him in a hug.

"Oh hey." Niall said hugging her back. I swear, Key was going to cry.

"You okay Niall?" I asked, touching his shoulder.

"Yup!" He said enthusiastically. "And my innocence is intact. I wasn't raped or anything." I saw Louis flinch and I glanced over at him but he was expressionless.

"I'm glad to hear." I said with a small smile.

"Hey Louis, thanks for bailing me out man. I'll pay you back in beer, weed, whatever you want." The cop coughed next to us, getting our attention.

"You'll be back in here if you sell anything kid." The cop handed over a bag of Niall's things.

"I don't get the weed back?" Niall asked before laughing. "Naw, I'm kidding. Keep it." He said patting the cops shoulder who shook his head at him. "I think I'm done selling that shit anyways. Won't make Harry very happy but.."

"Harry only smokes cigarettes now." Louis spoke up. I gave him a confused look.

"Really? But when I was at your dorm a couple of months ago..." Louis shook his head.

"Yeah that was it. He stopped smoking it when you said it smelled like shit." I stared at him perplexed.

"Why would he stop smoking it just because I said it smelled bad. I was only teasing him anyways." I explained. Louis shrugged.

"He's a considerate guy." I frowned. I guess he was. But giving up weed just because I said it smelled bad, didn't seem like a good reason.

--

Niall spun tails of cell life back in the room, all the time thanking Louis for generously bailing him out. Niall said he would repay him but Louis kept brushing him away. Damn rich people. I kind of wanted to ask Louis if he was okay though. He was stuttering quite a bit and his hands were shaking badly. I pointed it out to Harry who frowned.

Niall was waving his hands around and Key, Liam and Zayn were laughing at what he was saying but Harry, Louis and I weren't paying attention. Harry stood up and walked over to Louis who was leaning against the doorframe that led to the kitchen. He had been nervously chewing on his bottom lip and his hands kept going into his pockets.

Harry said something to him in a low voice that I couldn't hear. Louis opened his mouth and then snapped it shut. His lips were pursed as he glanced at me. Looking back at Harry, Louis leaned in and whispered something in his ear. Harry frowned, eyebrows furrowing. He pulled out a pack of cigarettes from his back pocket and handed it to Louis who looked relieved as he opened it. Then Harry walked back towards me.

"We're going to head back to our dorm." He said leaning down close to my ear, hand on my shoulder. I stood up so I could look at him.

"Is everything okay?" I asked him, sending a worried glance to Louis. "Is he okay?" Harry nodded but I didn't believe him.

"Louis' just a bit anxious right now."

"Harry, you're lying. Tell me what's wrong." I demanded lowly. I caught Zayn's eye over Harry's shoulder and he arched an eyebrow quizzically.

"You'll have to ask him sometime love." Harry whispered and then he placed a kiss to my forehead, rubbing my arm. "I'll text you later okay?" I nodded, a bit shell shocked that he had actually kissed my forehead. Harry announced that Louis and him were leaving and the group said their goodbyes. I frowned as I watched them leave.