Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Elizabeth’s POV

OH MY GOD. I’M SPEAKING WITH JACK HARRIES FROM JACKSGAP. I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS.

Calm yourself down; you’re going to start freaking him out. Just play it cool and pretend that you don’t even know who he is.

“So are you a student?” I ask to keep the conversation going.

“Well I started the year at the University of Bristol...”

God he is so cute, I could just stare into his dreamy eyes all day long-

Snap out of it Elizabeth and pay attention. God I feel like such an idiot for not having given him my real name, but it doesn’t matter. It’s not like he’s interested in me anyway, he just wants to have a fun night, and that’s  exactly what I’m going to give him.

***

It wasn’t before the wee hours of the morning that we left the pub. After 5 beers and 4 shots of tequila we found ourselves roaming the streets of London’s Nightlife. With our arms wrapped around each other, we made our way down the narrow alleys, tripping and laughing along the way.

“You know what I first thought of when I saw you” Jack started saying, with a silly grin spreading across his face, “Damn; this girl is H-O-T.”

Wow, he thinks I’m hot. God what am I thinking? I must be pissed out of my mind.

“Well, I pretended that I didn’t know who you were,” shit I wasn’t supposed to tell him that. Maybe he’s so hammered that he won’t remember me telling him that...

“Really? Now why on earth would you do that?” he asked sarcastically, but he didn’t press the matter further. I guess he was too drunk to care.

Spotting a cab a few meters away, I abruptly turned around and hit my head against his chest. I looked up to see his eyes, just to find them staring right back into mine. As he was about to lean in for a kiss, I took a step back.

“Jack, I barely know you.” I said shyly, “And even though I am completely pissed out of my mind, you’re just going to have to wait for a proper date before you can kiss me,” I told him as sternly as I could, even though it came out with burst of giggles in between.

“Well then can I at least have your number to call you for a first date?” he asked while giving me one of his dazzling smiles.

I bit my lip as I smiled in response. Should I give him my number? It wouldn’t hurt to do so, it’s not like any of this will turn into something serious...

Without realizing what I was doing, I grabbed his hand, and with a pen that I pulled out of my purse, scribbled my number on his palm. To my surprise, he took the pen out of my hand and wrote down his number on mine. He then took my pen and slipped it into his pocket.

“Now you have an excuse to call” he said with a wink.

I opened the door to my cab and turned to face him one last time, “Expect a call in the morning. I really like that pen” I said with a wink and then hopped into the car, closing the door behind me.

He walked in front of the cab, barely able to cross the street without tripping over his own two feet.

He couldn’t stop smiling, even after he had crossed the street. Then again, I’ve been smiling like an idiot ever since he first spoke to me.