Chapter 22

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22

Everything's gonna be alright, if you keep me next to you! 

Hello there cheeky readers, soory for the Taylor Swift intro but the song seemed appropriate for chapter 22 :P

Don't forget to vote, comment and fan for more of Double Trouble :)

See you all very soon =)

Chapter 22

Zoe’s POV

“What about it?” asked Jack and Finn, simultaneously. God these boys were the exact definition of twins.

“Well, you see, the day of Louis’ party, my brother Joe got into some trouble...”

***

Flash back

“Zoe! Zoe! You’ve got to help me!” screamed my drunken brother from the other end of the line.

“What in God’s name is going on?” I yelled back furiously, angry that he was calling me at Louis’ party already. He started to ramble on, but I couldn’t keep up.

The music was blaring behind me, “Slow down Joe! Just give me a second,” I barked back at him. I dashed up the stairs, searching for an empty room. As I found one I went back to my phone.

“Alright, now tell me what the matter is” I said in a more calming tone.

“I’m driving on Lexington Boulevard, right? And then all of a sudden, I see these really REALLY bright lights, right? Th-” He said, his words all slurred.

I cut him off, soon realizing that he was completely drunk, “Oh God Joe...” I began sighing at the realization, “How much have you had to drink?”

“What? What are you talking about, I’m comple-”

“Joe??” I said, searching for some sound from the other end of the receiver. I then heard the awful retching noise coming from his end of the line. “Oh Joe! You don’t have to puke while I’m talking to you!” I yelled at him in disgust, “You are royally pissed out of your mind!”

“Oh nonsense!” he replied back to me, little giggles rising up in the back of his throat as he spoke. “Now listen to me, I hit this car, and then as soon as I did, I took off again... Zoe it was the best rush I have ever experienced” he said, now exhilarated by what he had done.

“Oh my goodness! Joe, are you all right??” I answered him back in a frenzy of panic.

“Silly sister, of course I’m fine!”

“Why did you take off like that, when you got into an accident?? Did it even cross your mind that the driver might have been hurt! Or that his car got damaged! What about your own car?!”

“Calm down will you! It was just a little collision, nothing serious at all”

“How would you know since you sped off without even seeing how serious the crash was?”

At this point I was pacing around the empty room, one hand on my phone while the other was up and about. I sat down on the bed thinking hard. I placed my free hand to my forehead and let out a long breath of frustration.

“Anyway, I think that guy was really pissed off at me, because I saw him through the rear-view mirror”

“No really?” I spat back at him sarcastically. “Joe you’re not a kid anymore, you can’t be going all around London, completely drunk, and get into an accident and then just leave. You’re lucky that there were no police cars around or else you’d probably be in jail!”