Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Elizabeth’s POV

I was awoken by the sound of someone knocking on the door. I stretched out my hand and fiddled with the items on the top of my night table until it landed on my phone. Checking my screen for the time, I realized that a dozen more texts had arrived from Finn. Oh bloody hell.

More knocks came from the door, and I got out of my bed, leaving Jack, who was still sound asleep. I put on my robe and checked myself in the mirror before leaving the room. The pounding of the door continued as I walked down the hall. Who the fuck would come at 8 in the morning!

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” I yelled to whoever was on the other side of the door. With an annoyed sigh, I unlocked my door and opened it up. There stood Finn, with his hair in a mess and his clothes all wrinkled, it was as if he hadn’t slept in days.

“Eh...uh...Finn, w-what are you doing here?” I asked nervously.

“You hadn’t called or returned any of my texts” he said as he tried to step into my flat. Out of panic, I closed the door slightly. His facial expression changed from concerned to confused.

“What are you doing?” he asked suspiciously. “Is someone else here?” he tried to peek in to look around my flat as if he was trying to see if I was hiding anyone.

“No!” I exclaimed too loudly and I could see that he wasn’t convinced by my answer. “I mean no, of course not, who would be here at this time?” I tried to say in a more normal tone. To try and convince him, I would have to let him in. But then he would see Jack...

I realized that at that point I would have to let him in to further prove my point, so I opened the door, inviting him in. He came in, still a bit confused by my initial reaction. Closing the door behind me, I felt the presence of his arms around my waist. He spun me around, and I came face to face with him. He pressed his lips to mine, in an almost forced manner. The kiss was hard, not at all passionate. I broke the kiss, anxiously trying to get away from him.

“What’s the matter with you?” he asked angrily. If he had asked any louder I was positive that Jack would have woken up.

“I’m sorry,” I said in an exasperated tone, “but ... just give me a second to do something real quick-” my voice went off to an annoyed tone, “go down the hall into the kitchen and- oh I don’t know just wait there till I get ready.”

It looked like he was about to say something more, but all he answered was “Whatever” and with a shrug of his shoulders walked down the hall towards the kitchen.

As soon as he was out of sight, I dashed towards my bedroom in a panic. I burst into the room and immediately shut the door behind me. It hit the door frame with a loud bang. Jack awoke in a panic, his eyes darting the room until they landed on me.

“Oh it’s just you,” he stated in a happy tone, “You know if you wanted to wake me up you could have just asked nicely instead of slamming the door,” he said teasingly.

I hadn’t moved from the door as I was still trying to figure out how to get Jack out of here. My eyes landed on the French doors leading to my balcony, where I knew there was a stair case leading to the bottom of the building in case of emergencies.

“Jack!” I exclaimed in a rush, “I’m so sorry but uh... my...” I paused, trying to think of an excuse to get him out of the room, “...my brother! Yes, my brother surprised me and arrived this morning.”

“Oh well that means I finally get to meet someone from your family,” he said as he got out of bed to put on his boxers. I ran over to him, picking up his clothing on the way there.