Chapter 10

Finn’s POV

Even though it was literally just a couple of minutes since she had left, it felt like an eternity. God, how I wanted her back in my arms, and even more back in bed. Last night was still vivid in my mind, I could still feel her body up against mine; the moment when she let me in and took me on a high, when she got rough and turned me over, riding me like a black stallion... she kept me entertained all through the night. I smiled at my thoughts. Oh bloody hell, why did I let her leave?

I suddenly heard a thunk, like that of a window being closed. It was probably just Jack. Thinking about Jack, I remembered that he was making breakfast, and with Elizabeth no longer here, it finally occurred to me as to how hungry I was.

Shoving on some clothes, I raced down the stairs, stopping at the second level to see Elizabeth, who was supposedly in the loo. I knocked on the door, but there was no answer. That’s odd. “Elizabeth”, I called out, knocking a second time. Still no answer. I opened the door, and to my surprise, found no one there except for a bracelet on the floor. She must have forgotten it here.

Stuffing the bracelet in my pocket, I went downstairs into the kitchen, following the delicious smell of pancakes. Thank god Jack knows how to make a few things. Sitting on the table, Jack and Caspar were in full conversation. Both of them were eating Jack’s favourite; porridge with Maoams. To this day I still cannot understand how he likes to eat that. Grabbing a banana and a stack of pancakes, I took a seat at the table with them, asking them both if they had seen Elizabeth leave.

“Nope, I didn’t get to see your bird at all,” Jack replied, a bit insulted that I hadn’t introduced them yet.

“Well umm... this may sound a little strange, but I think I saw a girl climb down the tree in the backyard,” Caspar replied, a little unsure with himself.

“You saw a girl climb down the tree?” I repeated it slowly, questioning what he saw.

“Oh I was probably just hallucinating,” he said, brushing it off, “Don’t take my word for it.”

“Well what was she wearing?” I asked to see if maybe Caspar had really seen her.

“Umm...” he paused placing his forehead in his hand, “I believe it was a white dress..., Oh yes! It was a white dress because I remember seeing it fly up when the wind blew.” He looked up at me, “Was your bird wearing a dress?”

“Yes,” I replied a little confused, “She was. But why would she climb down the tree?”

“How should I know, but I have to say, she had some nice lingerie underneath that dress of hers,” he replied winking to Jack. Jack of course couldn’t help himself, and snickered at his comment.

Without meaning to, I gave Caspar the death glare. He backed up his chair with his hands in the air as if he were being arrested, “Whoa there Finn didn’t mean to be looking at your girl, I was just pointing out that her dress flew up and I happened to see what was underneath...” he trailed off, clearly not knowing what else to say.

“Mhmm, sure you were,” I answered back sarcastically, “Well I still find it odd though that she would climb a tree...”

“Maybe she likes that adventure,” Jack commented, with a smirk on his face.

“Ha-Ha Jack,” I replied in a mocking tone, “Well I’m going to call her anyway, just to make sure Caspar wasn’t hallucinating.”

I walked out of the kitchen and went back up the stairs. Dashing through my door, I scrambled to look for my phone. I found it in my empty fish tank; it must have fallen out of my pocket when Elizabeth had tossed my jeans across the room the night before.

As I was about to dial her number, I realized that she might think I was desperate, calling her not even a half hour after she had just left. Better call her in the afternoon instead.

***

“Hello?” an unfamiliar voice replied.

“Um... yes... Elizabeth?” I replied even though I knew it wasn’t her.

“No, this is her assistant manager, Julie” the woman replied.

“Oh...” I said, astonished. “Well umm... is it possible to speak with her?”

“I’m afraid not. She’s in the middle of a photo shoot. May I take a message?”

“Uh...no just tell her that I’ll call back later”

“Very we-”, she was cut off by a voice in the distance, “No, wait!”

Suddenly I heard some static on the other line, and then her voice came through. “Finn,” she said, almost out of breath.

“Did you just run a marathon of some sort?” I asked teasingly.

“Oh, uh... kind of,” she replied while trying to catch her breath, “I heard my phone ring and we had just finished the photo shoot...”

“Wow, I didn’t realize that you liked me that much,” I couldn’t help my grin from spreading across my face, “So this morning, you kind of left in a rush and left your bracelet back at my place.”

“I did?” she questioned herself, as if she hadn’t forgotten it at all, “Oh it’s true! I did forget it!”

“Indeed you did. Umm... this may sound a little strange but my friend Casper thought he saw you climb down the tree in my backyard?”

“Oh...” she paused, and I could hear nervous breaths on the other line, “Well, I uhh... usually take a jog in the morning, but since I was already late, I decided to get my exercise by climbing down the tree.”

“In a dress?” I asked.

“Umm... well I didn’t really have any choice, my exercise schedule is very strict and I can never miss a jog, so I substituted it for climbing down the tree.”

“I see...” I wasn’t buying her lie, it seemed like she was telling me something.

“Does climbing down the tree burn more calories than taking the stairs?” I asked in a joking manner.

“Haha,”she laughed nervously, “Of course it does!” she replied, realizing I was being sarcastic.

“So is it possible for me to return to you your bracelet?” I said, changing the topic.

“Yes, of course it is.” I could tell she was smiling. “How about...” she paused in a moment of thought, “...tomorrow evening?”

“That’s fine for me”

“Are you familiar with Tatershall Castle, the one on the water, right across the London Eye?”

“Of course I am”

“Then be there at eight o’clock” Before I had time to say anything else, she added, “Don’t be late” and with that, she hung up.

Don't forget to comment, because I'd love to hear your ideas,

to vote, because you're a cheeky reader

and you might as well follow me (@the_girl_nextdoor) and @forever_dreaming11 while your at it :)

More will be coming soon, stay tuned =)